• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Do medications interfere with SMP?

I am currently taking 7,5 mg mirtazapine and 10mg baclofen for sleep. Last week I started SMP, so far almost no reaction, only worse headaches. I've been taking that low dose of mirtazapine for few years now and when I try to taper it down I suffer from severe insomnia and I am so exhausted...
  2. C

UARS mimics CFS - DO YOU HAVE IT?

I am struggling with very unrefreshing sleep, severe exhaustion, waking up many times at night, hypoglycemia etc. I susspect UARS, since I was not able to sleep on a sleep study I've got an autocpap machine at home. It is difficult to sleep with because I have very fragile nervous system, but...
  3. C

Most important supplements...

rlc, you're right that I didn't have almost any tests, I couldn't find the right docotr. The ones I've been too said it was depression, that all is in my head. But my health level is declining very fast, also I have so many symptoms of CFS like: severe fatigue, unrefreshing sleep, POTS which...
  4. C

Plum, thank you so much for good advices, I am going to adress leaky gut issue first. I had high hopes of supplements but I see this is not a way for me, at least not in the shape I am doing it now. baccarat, I thought that supplements may be so helpful in this disease :( It is sad that they...
  5. C

Thank you for answers. I have huge problems with access to proper tests and this is very difficult to obtain good results. I thought that there are some supplements that all CFSs should take...
  6. C

Coenzyme Q10 and Ubiquinol

I am taking 100mg of ubiquinol x 2 and see no effects unfortunately.
  7. C

Plum - thank you for answer. Such amount of supplements indeed is problematic because I have no idea what helps and what is making me worse. In my case additional factor impeding my healing is UARS (really terrible sleep quality) that I am not able to treat correctly. Due to hypoglycemia I...
  8. C

If I have really tight budget which supplements should I choose? Right now I am taking: Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinol) 2x100mg Omega 3 2x1g D-ribose 3x2 1200mg pills Acerola 3x500mg capsule Panthotenic acid 2x500mg Magnesium chelate 2xtbl (not sure about the dose) Chlorella 3x5 250mg pills...
  9. C

Worse year by year

Sushi: I may be able to travel to UK to look for help with cavitations, can you recommend any doctor from UK? Tristen: thank you for good advice, I have huge problems with this, because I am not used to being in bed for so long every day. Sometimes I feel that any activity drains me and I...
  10. C

Worse year by year

Thank you Wayne and Sushi, I will keep reading. I am from Poland and in my country it is impossible to find a doctor specialized in CFS, let alone the one diagnosing it! So I am on my own and I have to research on my own. Basically I have to take care of myself somehow. If it comes to...
  11. C

Memories don't feel real - is it just me?

I am suffering from severe brain fog - derealization. It is with me for 8 years now, and for the last 2 years it was worsening. Right now I am exhausted even trying to remember and recall things from my past, doesn't matter whether I want to recall something that happened year or week ago. I am...
  12. C

Worse year by year

I would like to say hello to everyone here because I am new. I've been struggling with CFS symptoms for few years. It all started 8 years ago with severe insomnia, depression, brain fog, that from that time is always with me. Year by year my fatigue level, my brain fog and many other symptoms...