• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

My Yasko SNPs

Thank you again, Valentijn!! I inclined myself towards a bit of skepticism about the entire Yasko Protocol, but let me play devils' advocate for a moment. Firstly, I would presume someone like the Heartfixer doc (Roberts??) is able to assess the Yasko approach scientifically, and he seems to...
  2. J

My Yasko SNPs

Valentijn, thank you for your prompt and really helpful response!!! Can I ask, to be perfectly clear about this: you DO NOT believe I should jump in to the Yasko Protocol 100% even given my genetics??? Do you believe I would benefit from having the Methylation Pathway test recommended by Rich...
  3. J

My Yasko SNPs

Valentijn, could you please look (again) at my Yasko results and notate??? I have no scientific training whatsoever and the more I've researched and the more tests I have (UAA/UEE's recently), the more overwhelmed I become. HOMOZYGOUS: CBS/C699T MAO A/R297R VDR/Taq and Fok HETEROZYGOUS...
  4. J

23andMe Results - 5 Reds - Any help would be appreciated

Thank you so very much, Angela!! For starters, I'm "fight or flight", too, so perhaps that's why the Vit E & selenium I started taking a few weeks ago may have contributed to an increase in anxiety??? Wow, never knew those were considered "stimulating', this is going to be so much more...
  5. J

23andMe Results - 5 Reds - Any help would be appreciated

greenshots, sorry to hijack this thread, but wondered whether you'd have a look at my Yasko results, too?? They're in my signature or I started a thread about it recently. I never figured out how to post a screenshot of the actual color-coded results so the thread just summarizes them. I also...
  6. J

Taking butyrate when levels are low?? Also Trehalose?

Hi! As you can see in my other thread here about my METAMETRIX test results, I have serious gut issues, one of which is low SCFA's & low butyrate. Is there any reason NOT to supplement with butryate (either sodium or cal-mag) directly??? Any suggestions for raising SCFA levels?? Thought I...
  7. J

Newbie with Yasko results need guidance

I just wanted to add, on a sort of downer note, that what's really dfficult & discouraging to me is conflicting information depending on context: for example, coffee (which I love.) Amy lists it as being helpful, possibly. with H.Pylori, which I found out I have (see my thread in the Gut...
  8. J

Hi Roxie, I haven't decided yet, honestly. I know the Yasko strips are a lot more expensive, but as an information junkie, I know, too, that having more precise numbers would be more satisfying :( I DID decide to order yesterday from them the urine amino acids and essential elements tests. Amy...
  9. J

Need help w/Metametrix GI test results please!!! H.Pylori and...

Like your signature, Roxie!!! You're the 2nd person to advise mastic gum- I've actually never heard of that one, so I'll look it up right away! Yes, if/when I do antibiotics, I will also use probiotics. I'd be terrified not to. Do you recommend one in particular?
  10. J

Hi again, star & all (forgot to thank LaurieL before, I love you r great, helpful posts on here!!)~ Decided to put off some chores to answer your questions/address issues raised. Way more important than laundry :snigger: For starters, my diet has been all over the place for years. I haven't...
  11. J

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for replying; I didn't get an alert that you had so I hadn't come back. So sorry. Star-Anise, I just read through your excellent posts quickly,I will re-read carefully & answer your questions in detail, so you can so kindly offer more help :) I've felt abandoned...
  12. J

Oh, caledonia (btw: are you from my state, WI?? We have a Caledonia :)) it feels so much less scary to have you in my corner here, hope I can do the same for someone one day!! I have to make dinner so will read over everything more carefully tonight, but appreciate all suggestions/info. Will...
  13. J

Wow, Helen, you're in the same boat, yikes!!! What kind of protein do you eat?? Sounds like meat is off-limits; I don't like it, anyways. You know what? I'm taking Sacch. B already, because of Ben Lynch, but maybe i should wait until after any yeast treatment?? BTW: don't cukes give you...
  14. J

Thanks, Helen, that's the next test I'm getting. I won't be shocked if I do have yeast, but I have my hands full with a low-sulfur/thiol eating regimen I will probably need, not to mention that H. Pylori. I'm thinking of using emulsified orgegano just in case, I think it was Star-Anise who...
  15. J

Hi everyone :) I'm a newbie to the forum but an educated layperson about all this stuff. Have had some tests including genomics (see sig.) and this GI test (will update with actual result attachment when I figure out how!!) Background: Diagnosed years ago w/IBS by allopathic doc & leaky gut...
  16. J

Thank you, Valentijn, I'll stop playing with fonts :) I thought I saw somewhere that BH4 is available by prescription, is that worth asking my doctor about? Are the L-Dopa & 5-HTP safe with my (assumed) sulfur issues? And as for the other supplements you mentioned, what kinds and amounts would I...
  17. J

Caledonia, you are an angel for responding to me, and so quickly and thoroughly....although you do seem to be an angel with bad tidings. Having the 3 "First Priority" mutations sounds pretty serious. In the interests of keeping my post short enough to get someone to read it, I left out some more...
  18. J

Thanks, sushi!! Where do I place those, in the post itself or???
  19. J

Hoping Valentijn or Caledonia might see this and offer their wisdom. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now and trying to gather bits and pieces from other threads. Thank you from the bottom of my heart in advance!!! :redface:
  20. J

Hi everyone~ I just got my Yasko test results and would hugely appreciate any input. I haven't yet figured out how to post a shot of the actual results page, so I'm going to list the gene variants I DO have for now: VDR/taq +/+ VDR/fok +/+ MAO A/ R297R +/+ ACAT/ 1-02 +/- MTRR/A66G +/-...