• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Soccermanjb

Prostate Pain and Methyl Cycle

Ok Thx @caledonia . I did my testing thru Yasko and she doesn't test ACE, so I might do 23&me as part of my Christmas present...o_O I looked on heartfixer and they said there may not be much pharmaceutically that can be done if you have ACE mutation and struggle with bp or fluid control... I...
  2. Soccermanjb

@caledonia what would a treatment look like for me if I had ACE? My bp tends to stay low until I take more than one gram of salt then it shoots up above 135/90 which feels very uncomfortable to me. Would you mind providing the SNP test or another one that tests for ACE? Does 23&me test for it?
  3. Soccermanjb

Sigh... @liverock I wish I could just talk with you on the phone about it... Anything like gaba is bad for me... When I took it didn't make make me more relaxed UNTIL I took potassium chloride tablets or sodium chloride.. Then I was extremely sedated like I was barely awake and in a dream world...
  4. Soccermanjb

@liverock My Diet everyday Oatmeal with cooked apples for breakfast. No sugar no nothing Pinto's brown rice and cooked squash and zucchini for lunch Black eyed peas broccoli or green beans and sweet potato for supper. Every three days or so I will have a serving of organic cooked chicken. I...
  5. Soccermanjb

@caledonia I've tried her recommendations but run into issues with not being able to tolerate but really low weak probiotics. She did say however that you may need to have shmt supports in place to have better success with gut function. I'm planning to try and start taking some folinic acid...
  6. Soccermanjb

Wow @caledonia! You sound a lot like me with being sensitive... Have you seen an improvement in energy? Did your gut just get better over time on just those supplements? It's so odd... My sulfite levels are extremely low which is good but doesn't explain sulfur sensitivities... And why...
  7. Soccermanjb

@LaurieL would you mind giving me a good starting point for shmt? I'm +/+. I've read some of your posts and you seem to know a lot about shmt. My mutations are on the first page. Thx in advance. Also I'm very sensitive to methyl donors and don't know why. I get low potassium symptoms quickly...
  8. Soccermanjb

I tried lactoferrin but my stomach didn't like it very much. Not sure if it was bc of whey in it or what. I tried folinic acid but my throat tightened immediately 3 days in a row. I think it was a filler in the supplement so I stopped. I have recently ordered a different brand that's in a...
  9. Soccermanjb

How long ago did you find out and have you had any improvements? Was your meningitis? My older bro had an emergency issue with meningitis then the doctors later called it ensepholitus. Was in hospital for like 3 weeks and recovered at home for like 3-4 months but lost sense of smell and taste...
  10. Soccermanjb

Do you have any enteroviruses? @halcyon
  11. Soccermanjb

So there isn't much hope for improvement if someone has them? Surely there has to be some way to improve? Methyl cycle doesn't help?
  12. Soccermanjb

Thank you so much for your help and advice @halcyon ! Is this something that my home health nurse could draw out of my pic line? Or would I need to go to lab corp and get it done? Couldn't they use my pic line too? We have a lab corp here in my city. Is there any kind of treatment for it?
  13. Soccermanjb

Yes I'm in North Carolina. How can I test for them? what viruses are they? @halcyon
  14. Soccermanjb

How? Which ones? Was tested for Lyme's and EBV three years ago. Ebv was inactive and Lyme's I've been tested 3 times all negative but was all around 3 years ago. Even got put on doxycycline for like 15 days with no improvement.
  15. Soccermanjb

@liverock .... Hydrogen breath test came back negative... Any advice on what avenue to take? Should I try methyl cycle? I've tested for h pylori and sibo and both were negative. I seem to have gut issues with sensitivities and intolerances but all tests come back normal or not that bad... But I...
  16. Soccermanjb

Thanks so much @liverock ! I'm getting tested for SIBO this week Lord willing. Planning to have my wife pick up the SIBO testing kit from my doc on Monday. Wouldn't it make since that if I did have SIB that it could be why I bloat so severely on a small dose of probiotic and it never gets...
  17. Soccermanjb

@liverock does methionine raise SAMe? Bc I had a bad reaction to it to where it raised my histamines too. I'm really confused now...:( I just want the histamines to go away. I've reacted badly to tmg and SAMe. Will methionine increase my methyl cycle? Now I'm reading that b6 is helping people...
  18. Soccermanjb

Thank you so much @liverock ! You really hit the nail on the head! You've shared new hopeful information with me! I do have severe gut issues and real bad sensitivities like allergies and histamine issues that would explain why every time I start b12 and folic acid forms things get worse with...
  19. Soccermanjb

Freddd protocol 2014 Cliff Notes

@EvanB. What kind of complex are people like me with CBS mutation supposed to take instead of complex with b6 (p5p)? Is there a b-complex without folic acid and b6? This is the only product I've found but I'm not thrilled with the idea it has aloe vera in it bc I'm so sensitive to everything...
  20. Soccermanjb

@liverock are you saying my potassium is to high or sodium? I've also read online that high sodium low potassium ratio can lead to prostate inflammation which I assume happens every time I try to start my methyl cycle up too fast I probably get low in potassium which leads to high sodium and...
  21. Soccermanjb

Yeah that's part of my struggle. I can't get water potassium and sodium balanced. My body only tolerates 1 gram of salt a day. If I do more then my throat tightens up and blood pressure jumps up. I think my gut has gotten so bad off and that's why my doc wants to heal my gut from the inside out...
  22. Soccermanjb

Thx so much @halcyon. I did go and check out his blog. I will continue to follow him. Isn't it interesting in my case that any time I start deto or methyl cycle my prostate symptoms flare? It's not a constant issue only when I start the methyl cycle up. Maybe it's must something I have to put...
  23. Soccermanjb

I'm a 27 year old male and have had CFS for over 3 years. Any and every time I've barely started up my methyl cycle I get increased urination, severe prostate pain, and increased leg pain and tightness. I would classify myself as severe CFS. Anyone else have prostate symptoms like this? Even...
  24. Soccermanjb

Extremely tired/sleepy Hydrocortisone

Hey @Grigor. My doc just put me on 2.5mg hydrocortisone twice a day to help with allergy symptoms that I have from the treatment plan we've started and I have been sleepier as well. But for me I'm willing to be sleepier if it means less allergy symptoms and I can keep taking the protocol we are...
  25. Soccermanjb

I Can't Fix My Leaky Gut

@Christopher how much did your weight get down to? I'm down to 125. Was 176 when I got sick.
  26. Soccermanjb

I Can't Fix My Leaky Gut

Lord willing we will see improvement when I move out though. I'm not giving up hope on that. I'm always more bloated at home then my gut accelerates elsewhere... So crazy!
  27. Soccermanjb

I Can't Fix My Leaky Gut

No I haven't had it tested or measured. I have been out of my house for even three months and didn't improve...
  28. Soccermanjb

I Can't Fix My Leaky Gut

Interesting... I became ill after 2 days at my new house but it was built in 2003 and has no signs of water damage but I have always wondered about it. Even when I first walk in I struggle a little more to breathe. Lord willing my wife and I will be moving out at the end of August. It was a...
  29. Soccermanjb

I Can't Fix My Leaky Gut

Thank you for your comments I'm allergic to turmeric and I take digestive enzymes. How long did it take to improve @Christopher ?