• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Can Anyone Help me with how to interpret my methylation Panel?

There just arent doctors in the UK to help. Is my CBS snps causing this drain of SAH? How do I treat? Am I right in thinking I am an Overmethylator? I already avoid Methyl groups because of COMT snp No MTHFR Thanks
  2. A

Newbie here...need help interpreting HLA Gene results

I am as sensitive to Corn as I am to wheat, so I tend to avoid GF products unless I am really desperate. It might be the yeast (?Candida) bit what helps me is a more Grain - free diet!!
  3. A

Newbie here...need help interpreting HLA Gene results

I too am negative for the usual suspects for coeliac disease, but I get acid reflux if I eat wheat. Apparently Non Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity has not had all the snp's identified yet.
  4. A

Urine sulfate strips - Yasko vs. Ctl Scientific

Umm - so what was this thread talking about? the instructions seem to imply a ph between 4 and 8 is reliable
  5. A

Urine sulfate strips - Yasko vs. Ctl Scientific

Seems best to resurrect this old thread - I am stryggling to interpret - when I take a strip out of pack all 4 are pink from slightly less intense at the top to more intense closer to my hand. I dipped in water as a control, still pink, just a slightly deeper shade than when dry In urine ALL 4...
  6. A

Low SAH and Homocysteine and Cystathionine yet normal Cysteine

Had a DD Methylation Panel back - starts off well, good Methionine and SAM but then it tanks, however Cysteine is good - where can this cysteine be coming from? not the Cystathionine as that is right at bottom of range!! I know there is a lot of controversy over the CBS C699T but I am ++ I had...
  7. A

Genetic Genie Detox.. confused

I "think" that CYP1B1 might explain why I am estrogen dominant and still having issues at 56!!
  8. A

It is tantalizing as there is some excellent explanations of some of my detox polymorphisms but not others!!!
  9. A

Thanks @Helen I can see the report at gdx.net, the sample report is useful for the polymorphisms I have in common with Jane Doe, it implies more info can be found for example at www.genovations.com/gdgen02 but I cant seem to connect to that website? any idea? Thanks again
  10. A

no, but I am looking for the same answer! GG shows my CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 GG +/+ wheras MTHFR support lists shows risk allele as C therefore -- CYP1B1 L432V rs1056836 C GG -/-
  11. A

problems with potassium with b12 protocol

So its only the mfolate that drives the need for potassium? Isnt that because without mfolate the B12 just isnt doing its job?
  12. A

I dont know what to suggest, sorry, all I know is this condition suck big time :(
  13. A

How do you KNOW its low potassium?
  14. A

My adrenals were borderline, but I helped them using T3 - I dont think 2.5 warrants beinf treated unless you can get a Free T3 reading?
  15. A

Do you have thyroid issues as well?
  16. A

Blood Pressure is a problem for me, so I cant afford sodium. Cutting back on folate seems to beb the only option
  17. A

Blimey! what are we to do I dont know? I am going to have a good look at dietary potassium tomorrow - how much can I get from bananas dried fruit etc I do agree with those who said that mafnedium has helped, but transdermal magnesium (spray) rather than oral. I wonder if there is transdermal...
  18. A

Do you think the potassium is making you nauseous?
  19. A

I thinbk the potassium gluconate is making me feel nauseous? this isnt the first time!!! I am not sure what to try next! This morning I got what I think were low potassium symptoms (felt weak, like low blood sugar, shakey), but now driniking it makes me nauseous.
  20. A

Does anyone take AdenoB12 / Dibencozide by Source Naturals or other brand?

@Helen - thanks for the reply - always good to chat to someone this side of the Atlantic! Dr's in this country are being hounded as well, mainly for thyroid treatment, but also B12. We have a new MB12 product in the UK, I know a few people trying it so am keeping a close eye on it, I am...
  21. A

I am confused by low potassium symptoms - this morning when I went to supermarket I felt shaky and odd like I might expect from low blood sugar, thought I might faint, and I wonder if this was low potassium as I hadnt taken any this morning. It wasnt anxiety or palpitations though. I take a...
  22. A

Methyl B12 patches

Before I started methylation protocol I used these between the hydroxo shots, maybe once a week, but I NEVER NOTICED the folic acid - thanks for pointing that out grrr! I thought you should take methylcob BEFORE eating, not sure why I think that now as it gets absorbed sublingually. AFTER...
  23. A

Does anyone take AdenoB12 / Dibencozide by Source Naturals or other brand?

@Helen I am in the UK and diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia, so I am given a hydroxycbl injection every 6/8 weeks. (for past 6 months) this has helped but is not enough. I have tried self injectin (3 times a week) but get an allergic reaction (possibly a nickel allergy) which is bearable but not...
  24. A

Methyl B12 patches

I pop an enzymatic methyl B12 as soon as I wake, but I really struggle on the 3 days a week that I have to leave the house before 7:45am, to give it enough time to absorb before eating. Previously to this protocol I had tried and had good response from B12 patches, so am considering trying...
  25. A

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I take in the morning 1000mcg Enzymatic therapy B12, 400mcg MTHF (quatrefolic), in the afternoon 1 capsule L-carnitine fumarate (855mg) and half a Dibencozide (4.3mg B12 from Source Naturals). The Dibencozide seems very high dose compared to the Enzymatic Therapy?? Does this balance seem OK? (I...
  26. A

Methylation tests in UK ?

@FranzFan did you ever get it done? I am wondereing wether there are any UK consultants that will request tests like this, so could maybe done under BUPA?
  27. A

Nutreval Interpretation Guide

Wow! been thinking about doing this @caledonia many thanks - this will make it a lot easier to interpret without a doctor! Has anyone else in the UK had it done? @Enid ? Has anyone had a consultant request it such that it would be covered by BUPA? Thanks
  28. A

Help a lost soul with MTHFR issues in the UK?

Do you follow MTHFR Support on facebook ? she posted : "I will be in the UK November 20th through the 28th. I am planning on getting a meeting together. Will post in a few days with details. ~~Sterling"
  29. A

Help a lost soul with MTHFR issues in the UK?

I am not sure about liquid - given that the tablets need an hours in contact with the inside of the mouth I am not sure how one would achieve that with liquid! I ordered from iherb in the end - takes a few weeks, but MUCH cheaper than UK prices (unless customs intervene of course!)