• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sweetlily

Questions about migraine aura

Anyone know if cannabis (better yet, thc and cbd each) are vasodilators or vasoconstrictors? I've seen articles on both sides. As for infections, Crux, what types of infections? I guess viral and bacterial? etc. unique to each person? Any favorites to mention?
  2. sweetlily

Questions about migraine aura

Thanks for posting that. Any strategies for combatting unwanted vasodilation? I sleep with a headband and something called a "Migraine Ice" which is slightly cooling and makes a difference and just plain feels good. Wondering if a "chilly pillow" might also be nice? Not sure about drugs or...
  3. sweetlily

Migraine and hypo-methylation: flow diagram

Hi there and thanks for this chart. Are you able to tolerate many of the natural vasodilators in quantity? Have you had successes in reversing any of these patterns? If so what have you done? Or what do you think could be done?
  4. sweetlily

Stem Cells

Thanks, Chris... just curious, what does "serious trouble" mean? more viruses?
  5. sweetlily

Stem Cells

Does any one know if Stem Kine would promote viruses or lyme or other opportunistic life forms? thanks.
  6. sweetlily

confused about methylation protcol ...

Hi Freddd, thanks for answering my question. I'm not sure which category i fit into, mostly i got headaches and nausea. I backed off for a while and now i am taking a shot of .5 mg meCbl every 3 days, alternating with 2000 mg adCbl and then hydroxyCbl 1000 mg and tolerating, so this is a real...
  7. sweetlily

Simpler methylation analogy for nonscientists

Well, I have been saying that very thing all week.... why did i do a whole bunch of things at once? Learned that lesson the hard way! I hear ya... well i went off lithium today, so i've been "walking down" off things one by one in reverse. Next time I'll do it the smart way. I am most curious...
  8. sweetlily

Simpler methylation analogy for nonscientists

Did you have detox or other symptoms when you started using the lithium? how much did you start with? i have the mtr A 2756G +/+ and two COMT +/-, and have been finding it hard to increase my low b12 (via mma in urine), high b12 in serum. Seems like I get strange rushing headaches and can't...
  9. sweetlily

Which Nutreval is better, FMV or Plasma?

Thanks, I appreciate this valuable insight. Yet I am still curious about which will shed the most accurate light on the dynamics of the underlying biochemistry?
  10. sweetlily

Which Nutreval is better, FMV or Plasma?

1. There are two Nutreval tests listed on the GDX website: FMV and Plasma. It looks like the only difference is that the FMV measures amino acids in urine, while the Plasma test measures amino acids in plasma. Is this correct? Unfortunately the GDX website lists the analytes in the Nutreval...
  11. sweetlily

How much molybdenum are people taking?

thanks about the manganese, i was wondering about that too. how much do you take?
  12. sweetlily

Finding appropriate support groups, complying with Cutler, Shade, Wilson, Fredd, and diet programs.

i can related to what you are saying, seems like since i started six months ago i have gotten these strange headaches. i've gone to a few people for advice and every time i've changed things, seems to get worse. i almost think i was better off before i started (though i was very low in b12, b6...
  13. sweetlily

Test strips for CBS mutation

what concerns me is that from my understanding, a vast majority of people have a cbs mutation and yasko suggests that everyone "clear" their cbs issues.... what ever that means. when 90% of the population (that's heartfixer's experience) has a risk allele, can we really say that this is...
  14. sweetlily

Yasko??

i'd be curious about your answer, too. thanks
  15. sweetlily

thanks, Sushi! i tried that, actually, and it tastes so weird that i have a hard time consuming it. Maybe i would do okay just swallowing it.
  16. sweetlily

hi ... i am somewhat confused by reading so much. i will ask and see if anyone can help me? i took the OAT test, was told: B6, B12, glutathione, very low. Other b vitamins, low. seratonin and dopamine, very low. ok i am homozygous c6677T so i need folate, not folic acid. at least my...