• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Tachycardia -- What are effective treatments?

Yes you are right, so she is taking electrolytes, and so far her potassium is still in the normal range.
  2. I

Tachycardia -- What are effective treatments?

Maybe you guys can help me too (please!). My 15-year-old daughter got a diagnosis of CFS/ME earlier this year, after 2 years of tests etc. You know the drill. Anyway, she has complained of heart palpitations often. But when I took her to the GP and to the hospital because of it last year...
  3. I

help...meds needed for POTS migraines

My daughter started getting migraines when she began down the CFS path. She was prescribed Topiramate and it helped but didn't completely get rid of the headaches. But adding Magnesium into the mix has helped greatly. Do try magnesium if you haven't already. About 300mg I think. Don't...
  4. I

Ideal amount of electrolytes per day for Orthostatic intolerance?

Hi, my 15-year-old daughter has CFS, and her main problem seems to be the low blood volume, which causes low BP etc. I asked my doctor to start her on Florinef, but it really isn't a long-term solution. And our CFS expert says you have to increase sodium in the diet otherwise the Florinef is...