• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Fluffytrousers

Cancer treatment. Chemotherapy and surgery.

Help! I have severe ME and POTS. I’ve just been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer (sarcoma) and the treatment is aggressive in patient chemotherapy. I will also need surgery. I have been housebound for 9yrs and am wheelchair bound. So far the doc has come out to me but I have my first clinic...
  2. Fluffytrousers

Duloxetine/Cymbalta and ME/CFS

Thanks Wednesdays child. That's really helpful. What side effects have you had? Did it feel like your ME was worse? I'm going to look into getting 20mg caps. Not sure if you can get them in the uk. Really handy to know about the Yentreve. I have read about counting beads. Nightmare! But seems to...
  3. Fluffytrousers

I have seen a lot of stuff on the net about cymbalta withdrawal which is why I'm more confused about what might be side effects and what isn't. Plus everyone is different and if you have a neurological disease like ME it's only going to confuse things even more. If I can stick with 30 for now...
  4. Fluffytrousers

Thank you! No way of treating the OI. Doc gave me some compression stockings that are too sore to wear! I'm just going to try and stick with the 30mg for a bit then if I'm still not getting better I'll have to go back up to 60mg again
  5. Fluffytrousers

I only really get the anxiety symptoms (lurching stomach, fight or flight adrenaline surges) just before my period or when my ME gets worse. I don't get tremors any more. That was just the once. I do get a lot of tachycardia though but that's always when I've done too much and made my ME worse...
  6. Fluffytrousers

I have severe ME and started taking duloxetine when I was very ill and bedridden. I was so scared at the time I started shaking and couldn't stop so was prescribed it for anxiety. It was a lifesaver at the time. That was four years ago and although I'm still ill I thought it was time to at least...