• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Maria Gjerpe

MEandYou and All of Us: 90 Days of Stunning Achievement and a Look to the Future

I am so touched to read this article. Thank you for your very nice words, Sasha, and to you who has commented - and the support you have all given me and that you wanted to come along. Means a lot to me. I would like to share some of the thoughts with you. The money is actually not THE...
  2. Maria Gjerpe

Win $1,700 for MEandYou Rituximab trial in new (Weds 5 June) Facebook contest

We won! Thank you for your votes! It will be announced later on :-)
  3. Maria Gjerpe

Good news! Norwegian govt funds Rituximab trial - possibly partial, amount not yet announced

Yeeeessss! Thank you for lifting MEandYou and the campaign! I think the pressure from all the donations from sick, together with the pile of money funded, was unbearably to watch in the long run. Don´t you? Lets celebrate the step in right direction!:hug:
  4. Maria Gjerpe

Win $1,700 for MEandYou Rituximab trial in new (Weds 5 June) Facebook contest

Hey-let´s do it again! I´ve asked Shia when the contest ends, but has no answer to that question yet. Keep voting! I recon NOAH would love to beat us this time ;-)
  5. Maria Gjerpe

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

I can actually see someone vote several times, so-I actually do not know. We are going to win this. It only takes some effort. No problem. Keep spreading. This is really, really easy money -just one click. :thumbsup:
  6. Maria Gjerpe

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

Thank you for writing this, Sasha, and thank you, Helle, for helping spread the contest! I just wrote on our Facebookpage-wall something I want to share with you as well: Dear all friends! I really appreciate all the votes and the comments which explains why it´s important to get more research...
  7. Maria Gjerpe

MEandYou and Rituximab: Dr Maria Gjerpe’s Fundraising Marathon Update

And, to your questions about how the meeting with the politicians went - I´m starting posting them individually to day in blogs. One each day. Starting with Erna Solberg, Prime Minister Candidat, that has supported us all through the campaign. More to come. This for today...
  8. Maria Gjerpe

I´m sorry to not have time to update you, but am so thankful for your support! Today my main goal is to get as many as possible to vote for MEandYou and enable us to win 100 000 NOK/$17 000 just by one click. Sasha wrote about it today, and I really appreciate your votes. An animal protection...
  9. Maria Gjerpe

Vote for MEandYou (Rituximab trial) to win $4,300/£2,800 - Facebook, daily, until April 25

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, :thumbsup:
  10. Maria Gjerpe

Thank you for helping me out with updates :-) The event outside The Parliament went overwhelming well. I called the event "Sheets and stories" - and the whole park was filled up by ME-patients used sheets, on which they had written their stories. Massive statements that became very...
  11. Maria Gjerpe

Great to hear that Sashas article got you "on track" again ;-) It´s not the easiest part, to be bilingual on Facebook, but I try to do the updates in both languages, and all the "badges" added are in English and Norwegian. I hope you share them!
  12. Maria Gjerpe

Yes, 38. Thanks to you, folks, that donate and spread the word!
  13. Maria Gjerpe

May I suggest something, in the spirit of what Sasha says here, and that she has written an excellent article on earlier? If and when you donate: Write it on our Facebookwall (https://www.facebook.com/MEYOU.no) : "Yes! I have donated, and I´m proud of it". and then where you come from...
  14. Maria Gjerpe

Hi everybody! Thank you, Sasha, for the great effort in writing this article, and thank you PR that wants to publish it. I am "nothing" without all the supporters and those of you who carry the word. Without you, I would only be in my closet, fundraising in the darkness. Without you...
  15. Maria Gjerpe

MEandYou: 90 Days to Raise $1.2 Million for Rituximab Trial!

Great that you like the high-fives, Sasha! Number 15 coming up! :-) Lot of people ask me how to help in different ways. Please, read how to donate, invite and spread the word: http://www.meyou.no/how-can-i-help-spread-meandyou-across-the-world/
  16. Maria Gjerpe

Rituximab: Norwegian multicenter study fundraising

No, MS organization has not been contacted. Please, read how to donate, invite and spread the word http://www.meyou.no/how-can-i-help-spread-meandyou-across-the-world/
  17. Maria Gjerpe

Today, at Der Spiegel about MEandYou: http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/medizin/cfs-me-aerztin-will-studie-per-crowdfunding-finanzieren-a-891721.html
  18. Maria Gjerpe

Yes, I´ve heard about that before. You can not use Google at Face, I think?
  19. Maria Gjerpe

:-) Well done, all of you that has donated, and engaged by sharing and helping out in different ways. More to come! Keep sharing, and if your are at Facebook, please consider join us and share the updates and our pictures of growing hands. We love them, and I hope you do to :-)...
  20. Maria Gjerpe

Thank you for your kindness, your support and your engagement. I´m quite impressed. Some of you has even sent me privat messages offering assistance with everything from translation to press-releases. If any of you see that there are forums that might want some info about MEandYou-initiativ...
  21. Maria Gjerpe

Rituximab: Norwegian multicenter study fundraising

Hi, all! As you might have seen, the article about MEandYou and funding of the third phase, Rituximabstudy, is now an article. I´ll try to inform you and answer your question in that thread: http://phoenixrising.me/archives/16374
  22. Maria Gjerpe

Yes! Please translate whatever you find at our site or YouTube Channel into German! That would be very much appreciated :) https://www.youtube.com/user/140MEandYou
  23. Maria Gjerpe

Thank you for helping us all out be asking each others questions and answering them. Thank you, Phoenix Rising, editors and readers, to participate and engage. We in MEandYou are nothing without the "togetherness". It is ME AND the you. Thank you for your explanation on the dynamic badges :-)...
  24. Maria Gjerpe

12! NOK 612 239 EUR 81 300 US$ 105 000 (I don´t know how to add a pic, but it is suppose to come with a number "12" :-) Take a quick look? https://www.facebook.com/MEYOU.no )
  25. Maria Gjerpe

Oh, I did not know! Thank you for your warning. I am not going to tell anyone that they should click the link and give an arrow-up anymore.
  26. Maria Gjerpe

Hi SpecialK82, No, they have not asked the manufacturer, and I do not think they will do that either. They might think that its best to be totally independent in their research. These money will be raised. I´m confident. Just imagen how many who are sick, know someone who are sick etc. If...
  27. Maria Gjerpe

Reddit is a site where everyone can vote for newscases. If a case get a lot of thumbs up, the journalists will look more careful. Do you want the world to be aware of what we all are doing in MEandYou? Click this link, register, and then push the arrow which point upwards to give the...
  28. Maria Gjerpe

Great with your former donation, ggingues, and also, consider inviting your friends and share this information: http://www.meyou.no/donate/share-info-about-us/ :-)