• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. FreudianSlip

Trying to sort out some new ME/CFS symptoms related to CSF Leak

I won't go into all the boring backstory because if I did this post would be a lot longer than it is! I was diagnosed the classic ME/CFS differentiating type in 2013 (suffered from symptoms on/off years prior). I have been managing it pretty well over the years with activity pacing and some 'go...
  2. FreudianSlip

Weird Paradoxical Sleep Pattern

No Problem...I find all the information very interesting.
  3. FreudianSlip

Sox, I understand not being able to handle stress at all. I was in law enforcement for 28 years...cool as a cucumber...now it is just the opposite. I has to take an early retirement due to ME issues. My stress response is 'over the top' on many issues. It is as if the ANS has 'retrained'...
  4. FreudianSlip

Ruthie, I have seemed to cycle with this pattern for some time. I will operate with the night "adrenaline" for several days then eventually I will get real tired in the evening, sleep longer with less broken sleep, then wake up and feel terrible with tremendous fatigue. What scares me is...
  5. FreudianSlip

Thanks for the thoughts on this subject Plum & Sox. I am sorry that you both experience this sleep pattern but it is comforting to know that I am not the only one. I mentioned it to my doctor once and he thought it was very unusual. I do suffer from gastrointestinal issues including...
  6. FreudianSlip

I had sleep problems that started with some neurological problems prior to my developing CFS. I, like many with CFS, have unrefreshing sleep plagued by frequent wakings and bouts of insomnia. Quite frequently I will startle awake several times a night as if my body let loose with a bunch of...
  7. FreudianSlip

Help with interpreting SNP results

Thank you all for your replies, especially caledonia and dbkita for the excellent detailed information. You have definitely given me some good areas to start working with. :thumbsup: I have had gut problems for the last few years and have been eating a gluten free diet. I did get tested for...
  8. FreudianSlip

Thanks Caledonia, my mother always said that I had good genetics :) However, I went from bicycling ten miles a day and being able to bench press 300 lbs, to hardly able to walk across the room and now virtually housebound. :( I have attached my Genetic Genie detox profile side by side with the...
  9. FreudianSlip

Symptoms so far are: severe fatigue. complete exercise intolerance, autonomic issues; such as tachycardia, BP variations, gastroparesis, labored breathing, mild left ventricle dysfunction, brain fog, insomnia, anxiety, easy startle reflex, also food and drug intolerances, transient muscle and...
  10. FreudianSlip

This should have probably been posted under "Genetic Testing and SNPs". I had two windows open and posted in the wrong one. See what brain fog will do to you! :confused: If an admin wants to move it, that would be fine.
  11. FreudianSlip

I have been battling a slowly progressing CFS, since 2007, that became quite disabling a year ago. I believed it was caused by a idiopathic reaction to a large course of Levaquin (a fluoroquinolone antibiotic). Although I did not have an acute reaction, it caused disruption in my ability to...