• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. mi12

Abilify and energy

Most medicines sap my energy, but this has been one of the few things that have helped my CFS-like symptoms. The downside is it feels like a restless energy, and I believe it increases my tendency toward addictive behavior (possibly due to effects on the dopamine system). I take a very low...
  2. mi12

Long term antibiotic use for acne (minocycline/tetracycline)

Was doing research to find out if there was any possible connection between antibiotic use and chronic fatigue and the link came back to this forum. All roads lead to Rome it seems. Does anyone have any updates? I was prescribed tetracycline for acne for who knows how long, soon after...
  3. mi12

has anyone really benefited ie cured by exercise?

On that ME/CFS primer you pointed out I am about a 6 on the functional capacity scale. At the time I was dizzy constantly and would often crash after a 5-10 minute walk, but could (barely) handle the gentle tai chi moves. Gentle is the key word, if you are exerting yourself then I think it may...
  4. mi12

It was at a local community college, 24-form (example) that I learned it. I practice it at home, although I don't recently since other exercise has taken priority. Have you tried any similar exercises?
  5. mi12

I've worked up to being able to exercise 20 minutes a day (with a 3 hour prep/recovery-period). I have also had experience with Tai Chi and yoga. It's made me a little fitter muscularly, but no better fatigue-wise. I would still do (light, easy) exercise for its own sake, but not in search...
  6. mi12

Looking for a doc in Northern VA/DC area

Would chiropractic help some? I saw Robert Rifkin, he was very good.
  7. mi12

How many more times can I be wrong? Now it's gluten and dairy.

Coming late to the discussion, thought I'd chime in. One thing to consider is a paleo style of eating (there are many variations thereof). Avocados, salsa and chicken; bananas and almond/pb butter; tuna with asparagus and olive oil; smoothies with berries and coconut or rice-milk. These are...
  8. mi12

Comment by 'mi12' in 'Did Anyone Get The License On That Truck?'

I have said this very phrase many times.