• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

New here--just started Methyl B12 shots

Thanks for replies. Been 2 days off the shots now and don't feel much better. Guess it'll take a week or so. I fill the syringe with the MB12 solution, so the dose is easily modified without waste. Can't take time off work--especially since if this is detox, would take a year or so to resolve...
  2. W

Below are my results from before I started taking any methyl B12 or methylfolate. It all looks pretty bad, but I felt so much better than I do now. My doctor wants to get everything in mid-range, but this doesn't seem possible. Are these results awful? Should I still be standing? Methylation...
  3. W

About to throw in the towel on protocol. After spending all my adult life hyper and unable to sleep, with physical/mental energy even when depressed, I'm now finding I am half asleep all the time. Literally. I close my eyes and I'm in a dream. The only thing I can attribute this to is the...
  4. W

Help Please! Crazy Histamine Intolerance Since Starting Methylation Protocol

Fred: Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I have to re-iterate--something else is happening here. I took 7.5 mg of methylfolate and 5 mg of MB12 for a few weeks while all hell broke loose. I'm pretty tough and prepared to put up with a lot of discomfort, but when I had problems staying...
  5. W

Help Please! Crazy Histamine Intolerance Since Starting Methylation Protocol

Hi: Something just doesn't make sense here. Similar to the other posters on this thread, I have been taking MB12(injections in my case, for 3 months) and various doses of methylfolate(including deplin) and have NEVER had such severe high histamine reactions. All skin stuff. Rash all over my...
  6. W

I don't understand what I am trying to achieve....??

And how much do you take in a day, Crux?
  7. W

Maybe it is potassium that's lacking. When I mentioned it to the doctor he had never heard of it becoming depleted. I have ready about people supplementing on this website, but am confused by how little seems to be taken compared to the content of K rich foods. A baked potato contains close to...
  8. W

Very new to all this...and overwhelmed. Main problems aredepression and insomnia. Physical energy pretty good. Some brain fog, which improves on Lactulose(NH 3? ). Am taking methyl B12(3 mg, injected), leucoverin and methyl folate. I thought all this was supposed to result in normalizing the...
  9. W

Doctor has prescribed Glutathione/NAC--but this site says not advisable...help?

Hi Everyone: I'm in month 2 of treatment for brain fog/depression/fatigue, though still work,exercise. Currently taking 1.25 mg Methyl B12(injection), 1600 mcg methylfolate(oral). My doctor(DAN) wants to bump up the B12 dose (double) and has prescribed 7.5 mg Deplin and Leucoverin. Also...
  10. W

I suffer from chronic, worsening depression which feels physical in nature and is now failing to respond to SSRIs at therapeutic doses. I live in NJ and have gone to see Dr. Neubrander in order to get the functional methylation panel done in Holland. I'm awaiting results. In the meantime, the...