• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Intersting snippet from HIV research

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
As someone living with HIV and taking Rapamune (mTOR inhibitor) for ME, I thought this was especially interesting:

"Dual suppression of these two complexes by the mTOR inhibitor INK128 suppresses HIV entry and transcription in vitro and inhibits multidrug-resistant HIV in preclinical models"

"...evidence showing that metabolic inhibitors targeting mTOR pathways may have favorable immunomodulatory effects, including enhanced antiviral responses"

As an aside, I thought I'd read that life expectancy of newly diagnosed with HIV is about the same as non-HIV folks - found this article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-39872530

Young people on the latest HIV drugs now have near-normal life expectancy because of improvements in treatments...