• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My SPO2 level goes down to 95% after midnoon. Is that ok ?

raghav

Couple of days back I bought a pulse oximeter Dr. Trust brand and started checking my oxygen levels. In the mornings it is 97 -98 % but after noon it starts going down to 95 % sometimes even 94 % is that ok ? One more thing - it displays a value called RI % (it ranges from 2 to 25 approx and changes second to second ) Can somebody please explain. Is SPO2 of 95 % ok for a cfs patient ? Thanks in advance.

Ema

Above 94% is typically considered “normal”, so in the absence of any other issues, I’d say it’s probably nothing to worry about, especially if it is short lived. Dysautonomia can affect blood oxygenation as can anemia.

Do you breathe more shallowly in the afternoon? Try taking a few deep belly breaths. And be sure it bring it up to your doctor too.

raghav

Just now asked doctor google and he said PI is -
The perfusion index (PI) is the ratio of the pulsatile blood flow to the nonpulsatile or static blood in peripheral tissue. Perfusion Index thus represents a noninvasivemeasure of peripheral perfusion that can be continuously and noninvasively obtained from a pulse oximeter.