• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Link to last night's panel discussion at Berkeley with Dr David Tuller and Prof Ron Davis

Gemini

Great panel... it really is great to see the panel and the compassion and dedication.

Appreciate the panel members and Ron Davis' participation and research update.

His opening comments [5:20 - 9:20 on video] are worth a listen; he notes the collection of vast amounts of data since his appearance in the film UNREST.

Data analysis is revealing patterns of heterogeneity in how ME/CFS is "expressed." He's still pretty optimistic they can trace it back to a single cause, however, hence a focus on cause not heterogeneity.

Hearing this I thought it might tie in with Step 1 of Dr. Naviaux's 3-Step Treatment Strategy presented at the Community Symposium:

1. Remove the CDR trigger if still present
2. Refill the metabolic tank
3. Use antipurinergic therapy

@Cinders66 I agree with you about the compassion and dedication. A stellar International Working Group of researchers, sharing data, involving the patient community, working collaboratively, open to input....so much to be grateful for!

Edit: Link at 17:43 on Naviaux's presentation:

Last edited: