• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Desperate for HELP or support for extreme burning generalized skin pain

Sundancer

So sweet, she would nibble at me till Id let her kiss my lips. She'd preen my hair, taste my food, talk to me constantly...her language not mine....:love:

oh deary, you still miss her don't you.
once in my younger years, I had a boyfriend with two birds like that. The were allowed to fly free through his room. But we had to be very careful that they would not fly out of the room, for outside was a cat :cat:, a birdloving cat :)

Starsister

oh deary, you still miss her don't you.
once in my younger years, I had a boyfriend with two birds like that. The were allowed to fly free through his room. But we had to be very careful that they would not fly out of the room, for outside was a cat :cat:, a birdloving cat :)
@Sundancer , Yes, I still feel her loss deeply. although I lost others in my life within the same period of time, and I feel their loss as well, animals, or at least this bird, lived to see me every moment of everyday and centered her life around me unlike anyone else in my life. Perhaps too close, it may sound creepy, but after 8 years she started laying eggs for the first time. I was concerned about her laying so many eggs, because she would sit on her eggs expecting them to hatch, and not eat or drink.

The vet was worried that All the egg laying may cause her to be depleted in calcium. He told me that she had bonded to me as a mate and was feeling so content with life that she instinctively was compelled to start raising babies. He told me I had to essentially disrupt her life, to keep her cage covered more of the day so she would think it was night, and to put the cage in some other part of the house where she couldn't be with me all the time and of course to remove her nesting box. I tried covering the cage some and removed the nest but couldn't bring myself to isolate her in another room. We worked out a compromise.

I keep meaning to tell you, I saw on your profile you are in Holland...You had mentioned something once about being outdoors and I was curious what kind of weather you were having where you live. My very best friend of all time was from Holland and we met and worked together while she lived in US but got so homesick some years ago, after her daughter was grown that she moved back to Holland. We stay in touch a bit still. We finally got to talk in person for the first time in years just this last Christmas as she was in the US visiting her daughter and slipped hiking and fell off a mountain and had to be air lifted off a cliff and almost died,so she was stranded here awhile.

But I am so grateful to her as she is the only friend I've been able to talk to who had known anything about CFS and was actually knowledgeable and so supportive of me. She has a friend in Holland who has CFS, so although I know the European countries aren't great on CFS either, it sounds like at least there is more public awareness there and I am so grateful. Just wanted to give a shout out to one of her countrywomen! :thumbsup:

Sundancer

Hi @Starsister , yes, when you're heart is open to them, the way animals can bond with humans is amazing, I'm sorry that your sensitivities have grown so that you cannot handle another pet, whether bird or cat.

the weather here is a bit wintry, ( winters are not as cold as they used to be though) Little frost in the night, meadow nicely white with frost in the morning, pond overlaid with a thin sheet of ice. then everything melts during the morning and the same circle starts up in the evening. Happy with these frosty nights, they mean less insects ( the stingy wasps and such) in the summer.

I've never had anybody to talk about ME, did not even know it had a name. Until three months ago, so grateful for this forum, digital friends and a lot of knowledge I find here :)

judyinthesky

Hi, totally. I have had that. First, I found relief with an ice vest. Does cooling down help? The colder you can get, without getting chilled, the better, if your problem is like mine. In my case I think its a form of small fiber polyneuropathy, but not the kind that is mostly in hands and feet. However the burning feet sensation from neuropathy is the same, but can be everywhere, even in the lungs.

These nerves go everywhere, and regulate all blood flow. I found blood thinners trigger it very badly. The other thing is wheat ... I found I had become sensitive. If I avoid wheat its less of a problem. You might also like to avoid spicy foods, especially chilli.

This is a long shot
And it's been a while
But does anyone know why blood thinners would trigger this?