• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genova diagnostics energy cycle test results

I've had CFS for 7 years my worst symptom is severe brain fog and fatigue. I've had test ION test with 40 amino acids test done and it revealed dysfunction in energy cycle metabolism. I have elevated Pyruvate which should, if I understand correctly, turn into Acetyl CoA which should metabolize into Citrate which is low.

I'm wondering if anyone else with CFS also had this test done and has similar results? What do you think would be solution?

I've attached part of test which shows energy cycle and also whole test if you want to check.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    283 KB · Views: 35
  • Metametrix ION with 40 Amino.pdf
    345.4 KB · Views: 33

matt321

All you are looking at is bio markers of a stressed system. There isn't much meaning you can derive from the results. Try following the recommendations they give, but this doesn't show causality unfortunately.

caledonia

You can somewhat interpret that test with the NutrEval Interpretation Guide (in my signature link).

If you look at the energy cycle diagram on the sample report (page 7) it shows what co-factors are needed, and what the inhibitors are.

https://www.gdx.net/core/sample-reports/NutrEval_FMV-Sample-Report.pdf

Hint - inhibitors are mercury, arsenic, antimony and fluoride.

Your test is showing high in arsenic. I assume it was not a provoked test, so that means you have a current exposure of arsenic. It could be water or food such as rice or rice products.

You could also have mercury or other metals, but not a current exposure. The toxic metals bioaccumulate in your tissues, bones and brain, causing many issues in multiple body systems. They all cause fatigue.

There are many ways to detect metals and chelate them out, some are better or safer than others. See the Chelation section in my signature link for more info on the method I've found to be the best for me.

I tried detoxing with chlorella and zeolite. I'm also thinking of trying glutathione but wonder how well it's absorbed.

nanonug

I've attached part of test which shows energy cycle and also whole test if you want to check.

Highish pyruvate with lowish citrate to me suggest a problem in the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. This is consistent with findings by Naviaux regarding subjects with SEID. If these results applied to me, I'd start by taking a good Complex B supplement (preferably with the activated forms such as methylcobalamin and methylfolate), together with chelated magnesium and a few hundred milligrams a day of fursultiamine (emphasis on few hundred milligrams a day of fursultiamine). Today I posted something that might be of interest to you: From brain fog to clarity in 30 minutes. Caveat: this is what I would do if these results applied to me. I'm in no way, shape or form recommending these for you. That should be strictly your decision.