• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those who still catch colds/flu: do you go to the doctor for it?

I usually do if it seems like it's getting worse within a few days, I develop bronchitis and pneumonia easily from both of those if I ignore them when they are more than mild.

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
if a neccesary symptom of the flu is fever, then I haven't got a flu in 20 years, which is the time I had ME. What I do have are colds and flu-like infections with fatigue and pain. When I do, I take a medication than along with other drugs contains pseudoefedrine, it's quite effective for the pain and fatigue sometimes. Pure pseudoefedrine is impossible to get in Argentina, every product that contains it does it along some other drugs, I guess in order to prevent it from being used to manufacture illegal drugs, which is a shame, since it seems to help me with POTS, to a degree

Last edited: