• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Colostrum Maf

ukxmrv

No other opinions about Colostrum Maf ?

I tried MAF314 and Dr Enlanders version. Not sure if these are the same as the colostrum MAF in that paper.

Had a good response to MAF314 but it did wear off when I stopped taking it. No where near a cure but better physical functioning. I'd like to try Bravo if I can ever afford it. Problem was the cost for me in these products

Hip

@daniariete2000, the link you provided says:
In our previous case reports, we showed two patients with CFS who had excellent responses with the use of oral colostrum MAF. Specifically, the daily oral administration of colostrum MAF powder and dispensing one acid-resistant, enteric-coated capsule to two CFS patients showed various symptoms including fatigue, muscle pain, and stomach pain-improved within a few days. Additionally, CFS patients experienced hair regrowth on their heads within a 4-month period.

So at least for these two patients, the response to colostrum MAF is very rapid — benefits appear within days.

Colostrum MAF has particular advantages over MAF that is produced from serum, regarding practical clinical use-because colostrum MAF is derived from bovine colostrum, a food source, instead of a human serum source-and it is administered orally and sublingually, instead of by invasive injection.

Additionally, colostrum MAF did not mediate production of inflammatory cytokines, including: tumor necrosis factor-tory cytokine interleukin-1s factoβ). If colostrum MAF can be used to suppress the production of inflammatory cytokines, it can be an effective treatment for autoimmune diseases.

Normally GcMAF is not advised for ME/CFS patients with high inflammation; but it seems that colostrum MAF is actually anti-inflammatory, which may be an advantage over regular GcMAF for such patients.

Hip

There is a cheaper and stronger producer but I worry bout the 200 ng in each caps

Here it says that:
Sublingual administration: Bovine Colostrum GCMAF can be used sublingually, simply open or cut open the capsule and allow to dissolve in the mouth. This should take about 5-10 minutes to absorb the GcMAF in the mucosa of the mouth.

So you could open a 200 ng capsule, and divide the powder inside into say 4 quarters each having 50 ng, and take that powder sublingually.

Hip

But how can i conserve the powder that i extract from capsules in your opinion ?

Do you mean how can you store it? If you pull open the top of a capsule, you can pour out say ¼ of a capsule to use sublingually, and then you can slide the top of the capsule back into place, so that you close the capsule again.

But you would need to use the powder sublingually, as stomach acid will destroy the GcMAF (the capsule is enteric, which protects the powder from stomach acid).

daniariete2000

Thanks,

do you think colostrum maf can be taken also on other day or 2-3 days ? In that way I can avoid to divide capsules ....

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
So at least for these two patients, the response to colostrum MAF is very rapid — benefits appear within days.
That paper can be found here:
Oral Colostrum Macrophage-activating Factor for Serious Infection and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Three Case Reports

Normally GcMAF is not advised for ME/CFS patients with high inflammation; but it seems that colostrum MAF is actually anti-inflammatory, which may be an advantage over regular GcMAF for such patients.

Sadly from the above paper I linked to, this doesn't seem to be a property of colostrum MAF in particular, but the authors are claiming it to be a property of GcMAF in general:
"Our work and that of others show that macrophage activation by purified GcMAF, serum GcMAF and colostrum MAF does not result in production of cytokines, while it still increases phagocytosis (4)."

i.e. If like me you've tried other forms of GcMAF and gotten horribly inflamed, then sadly there is no evidence to suggest that colostrum MAF won't do the same. I had my hopes up for a while there and was even about to buy some!

Last edited:

Hip

If like me you've tried other forms of GcMAF and gotten horribly inflamed, then sadly there is no evidence to suggest that colostrum MAF won't do the same.

So there is nothing especially anti-inflammatory about colostrum MAF then. That's good to know. I have never tried GcMAF, but the virus I caught that triggered my ME/CFS seems pretty inflammatory in general, so I am guessing if I tried GcMAF, it may well worsen this existing inflammation.

I started taking colostrum powder mixed into what I call my "medicinal" hot cocoa powder mix (plain cocoa powder, coconut milk powder and stevia, cinnamon optional), and within 3 days I was feeling better. I'm confused by the label "GcMAF", because my powder is simply bovine colostrum. No mention of MAF. 20211222_140541.jpg

Caveat: I also started microdosing psilocybin once evert 4 days at the same approximate time, so it might be the fungi, not the colostrum. We'll see when the microdosing is done in a month. Feeling so much better!

I started taking colostrum powder mixed into what I call my "medicinal" hot cocoa powder mix (plain cocoa powder, coconut milk powder and stevia, cinnamon optional), and within 3 days I was feeling better. I'm confused by the label "GcMAF", because my powder is simply bovine colostrum. No mention of MAF. View attachment 46131

Caveat: I also started microdosing psilocybin once evert 4 days at the same approximate time, so it might be the fungi, not the colostrum. We'll see when the microdosing is done in a month. Feeling so much better!
Btw: you can mix the colostrum with any kind if milk if you have a jar or bottle with a lid. I mixed it with the cocoa, etc, because it clumps up if added to liquid like tea. Also: I never heat the colostrum in the hot water, but wait until the water is done geating before adding, just in case that matters, and I keep the colostrum in the fridge.

Rufous McKinney

a long time ago, I tried to take colostrum, but because my digestion is too rapid (from IBS-d), I was not even dissolving the enteric coated pills I was using at the time....

probably better coatings exist now......

Violeta

I never tried enteric coated. I just buy the powder. It tastes okay, and I either put it in a capsule or mix it in my decaf coffee. That article talks about putting it on your gums, which is what I'm doing with my dog.

We'll see how it goes.

Rufous McKinney

That article talks about putting it on your gums, which is what I'm doing with my dog.

good plan! I should get some and do that...myself. Maybe its 20 years later, they coatings have improved and my digestion is a bit better (when I take herbal teas, and these probiotics I sort of like)