• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cfs energy levels related to state of mind

My cfs is hugely related to my state of mind, if I am truly happy my energy levels shoot up. To be honest I don't completely understand it. Any thoughts on how to help my energy levels stay more consistent would be appreciated.

Also I know it isn't coz I am depressed as I was depressed at one point but my energy levels were better than they are now.

right now I feel isolated after things ended with my closest friend, so I really miss having a close friend, that would help but it is hard finding that. apart from that I don't know what else could sustain my happiness for a long time.

Mary Poppins

75% Smurf
What sorts of interactions did you have with your friend?

How long ago did things end?

What kind of relationship was it?

Try listening to music or try to take up a non strenuous new hobby. For example, I might start fishing again if i have the energy. This might sound sadistic haha but force yourself to smile more, it feels good

What sorts of interactions did you have with your friend?

How long ago did things end?

What kind of relationship was it?

We occasionally met up, but mainly it was videochatting, it was just over a year ago now. it was just a close friendship, we had known each other for 8 years since school. I just really miss it

Try listening to music or try to take up a non strenuous new hobby. For example, I might start fishing again if i have the energy. This might sound sadistic haha but force yourself to smile more, it feels good

I have tried a few hobby things, while they bring me some happiness, they don't quite bring enough. Trust I always smile, it is my default setting.

I have tried a few hobby things, while they bring me some happiness, they don't quite bring enough. Trust I always smile, it is my default setting.

Good to hear that my friend. Smiling is very powerful to both physical and emotional wellbeing, but it is not enough to make a significant impact when used in solidarity. I know its difficult under your given circumstance but you need to fill that void with another friendship

alkt

carvahlo you could try having a low maintenance pet the activities of pets can put a smile on most peoples faces. of course that would depend on your activity levels and allergies . if you have a garden placing a bird feeder will bring many feathered friends it is comforting to watch wildlife of any type.

Before getting ill with CFS I had the opinion that my state of mind heavily influences my body.
After all this years I must admit: my feeling follows my energy level.

It's not intuitive and often I realised this in hindsight: my mind and my feelings are not the great dictator of a stupid body. They are more like a thermometer of my current physical status.