• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KDM news, Nexavir etc

Banana94

Just found this article at www.standard.be

Whats do you think about? Its translated by google translate.

News website Apache reported on Wednesday that the professor, who until recently was a member of the VUB, had to account for the criminal judge for violations of the import and administration of the controversial antiviral drug Nexavir. According to the Brussels public prosecutor's office, there is no date for the trial yet.

'Mr De Meirleir and his wife took note of the articles that appeared in the press today in connection with the Nexavir product', masters Mary and Smet report via a press release. "Nevertheless, regretting to make this public, they do not wish to give any further comment to hic et nunc. It should be emphasized, however, that the allegations against which they are charged are denied and that Mr De Meirleir has never obtained any unlawful financial advantage, directly or indirectly, through the sale of medicines, food supplements and so-called tests. They look forward with confidence to the verdict, after a contradictory debate before the correctional judge. '

CVS

According to Apache, De Meirleir would, through a tangle of companies and laboratories, make direct or indirect handfuls of money from often controversial tests, medication and supplements that he himself prescribes to his patients. One of these drugs is Nexavir, an antiviral drug that, according to the prof, would help patients suffering from CFS.

The expensive medicine (450 euro per month) could be ordered by patients through the Dutch company Kalida NV. But according to Apache the wife of De Meirleir was until recently a director at Kalida. His patients would not have been aware of this.

The judicial investigation was started after notification from the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP). An investigating judge was appointed and on 29 September the Brussels council chamber decided that De Meirleir should account for the criminal judge. Up to now no one has taken a civil party.

The Brussels prosecutor confirms that the professor has been referred to the correctional court but a date for the trial is not yet there. The VUB announces that the professor has been retiring since 30 September 2017.

Banana94

the article says this.. But I have a consultation the next weeks, so maybe he doesn't take new patients anymore.. I don't know.. maybe I can ask him or his office

Daffodil

i do not think he is retiring yet. even if something happens and he is forced to shut down his brussels clinic, he can still work in USA. but i have not heard anything about retirement. he has a slew of new patients here in Reno.

Belgium gov't has been after him for ages because he treats CFS as if its a "real" disease and not a psychiatric one

KDM is not a professor anymore at the Free University of Brussels (retirement) but he continues with his brussels clinic and he still accepts new patients! Maybe he will work 1 day less at his clinic and focus more on research.

Banana94

I hope he will also work in Brussels because im from Europe. I have my next app. in January after my phone consultation this week. I didn't want to ask him: "are you retiring?" maybe I ask his assistance the next time I call.
And he prescribes me Nexavir, so I think it should be still available.
Keep you updated if anything changes.