• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain in sides

I'm currently in the biggest crash I've had for 3 years. I'm experiencing fatigue, headaches, brain fog, etc. Also my HR is pretty spiky and GP has referred me for a holter monitor.

But the last couple of days I've been getting pain in my sides under my ribs which goes across front too. It's not particularly sharp but more achy.

Over the last year I've experienced quite a bit of flank pain during flares but this is a bit higher up and more across front than over hips as before. I had an ultrasound because of flank pain earlier in year but it didn't show anything.

I guess it is likely to be another one of those unexplained symptoms I'm so used to now but I just wondered if anyone could she'd any light here? Anything sound familiar or advice anyone can give? Thanks
Mel

Sometimes I get pain in the sides a bit like 'side stitches' (?says the dictionary. the thing you get when you breathe shallow while running) and magnesium helps with that.

rosie26

I get achy, heavy type-pain on both sides under my ribs at the back. I don't get it all the time just sometimes when I have been on my feet for too long. I haven't mentioned this to my doctor yet. It kind of feels like my kidneys are heavy but it might not be my kidneys at all.

Sorry to hear of your new pain under your ribs. I don't know what it could be but I wanted to mention I get the achy flank pain on both sides when experiencing PEM. I've heard other people talk about this pain too. Feel better!