• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

So tired. Heres a clip of my day. I really thought Adderall would help :(

*GG*

I agree. How do I get real energy? I'm here to learn.

Well, as you know, we don't have the "normal" amount of energy. I wish I knew the answer on how to get my Energy back!

You should listen to your body as well as you can, someone people do that, and still crash. But perhaps you will not suffer like that segment of our population.

Could try some supplements that are supposed to help with energy. Perhaps L carnitine fumarate and Coq10/Ubiquinol?

Wish my college education was closer to my illness, perhaps I would remember more of my biochemistry studies.

GG

tyson oberle

I wouldn't see that psychiatrist anymore. Why are you even seeing a psychiatrist? When I was younger my parents made me see a psychotherapist. Not just psychiatrists, but many people sometimes try to blame symptoms on so-called mental issues, past experiences, etc. They can't believe how we can be like this, but yet they'll believe in bizarre psychological theories. We just have to wait for the ME/CFS researchers to find something that will help us or we have to experiment ourselves with different things.

*GG*

I wouldn't see that psychiatrist anymore. Why are you even seeing a psychiatrist?

I saw a psychiatrist when i fell into a little depression (after getting a bad letter at work or was it coming off that Fentanyl crap! or Both, many years ago!). He believed me, and was supportive and very kind! He said I was bright :)

GG

MAOAr297r

I wouldn't see that psychiatrist anymore. Why are you even seeing a psychiatrist? When I was younger my parents made me see a psychotherapist. Not just psychiatrists, but many people sometimes try to blame symptoms on so-called mental issues, past experiences, etc. They can't believe how we can be like this, but yet they'll believe in bizarre psychological theories. We just have to wait for the ME/CFS researchers to find something that will help us or we have to experiment ourselves with different things.
I agree. I see him for depression (which I don't have much of anymore) and he keeps my meds straight. So of their old school "theories" are so bazar. I'm going to try to see a doc thats more like a clinical neuroscientist or neurologist. More science less woo woo. I agree. We need a good biomarker test sooooo bad. I'm messing around with an idea at my house but I just don't have an adequate education yet to make it work.

MAOAr297r

I saw a psychiatrist when i fell into a little depression (after getting a bad letter at work or was it coming off that Fentanyl crap! or Both, many years ago!). He believed me, and was supportive and very kind! He said I was bright :)

GG
I've had maybe 9 or 10 psychiatrist because of refractory depression. All except 2 have been absolutely wonderful, smart and kind. I agree with you.

markielock

Does anyone have any good information regarding pacing for @MAOAr297r I know for a fact there must be something on here (in fact, I think I even made a post asking this ages ago). I'm a bit too exhausted to explore right now, sorry :(. It won't give you more energy but it will help you manage what you have.

hamsterman

Does anyone have any good information regarding pacing for @MAOAr297r I know for a fact there must be something on here (in fact, I think I even made a post asking this ages ago). I'm a bit too exhausted to explore right now, sorry :(. It won't give you more energy but it will help you manage what you have.

Everything I've learned about pacing was from here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ME.CFS.HRM/

It has been very effective for me... I desperately needed instant feedback for when I was pushing too hard. Also, I had to learn to stop socializing. :(

The key to managing CFS/ME always has to start at stopping PEM (ie crashes) first. Its super tough... but once you can stop the PEM, everything else becomes more doable. Its a bit like trying to build a house of cards where the wind keeps blowing it down. Step 1 needs to be... 'close the window'.

After I stopped crashing... I started doing other things... ie... monitoring daily fluxuations, trying to fine-tune my diet... A lot of things that I initially thought didnt help actually did... but the crashing always 'got in the way' and eclipsed any improvement I might have gotten. Once you've stop PEMing... you can also look into careful use of stimulants. But they may not be the best avenue for you.... and may even be causing you to crash at times.