• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

article on invisible illnesses for the ignorant recommendations?

xrayspex

It seems like critical mass is being hit on important topics of discrimination these days in the news-- highlighting more about sexism or power role abuses (ie the whole "me too" campaign on facebook) and racism/abuse of power with the attention on police shootings etc

This is all excellent and about time.....but I have been feeling frustrated that "invisible disabilities" seems like one of the last places to be publicly outraged about by a mass of people demanding non-discrimination...sort of like being obese....certain topics even educated usually "fair minded" folks sometimes roll their eyes or wink at one another as they still don't buy it

Does anyone have a concise current article that is educational they recommend that addresses the import of seeing Invisible disabilities same way we might all the "ism's " etc? something that could appeal to educated and non-educated folks? I would love to see a critical mass of discussion or concern be hit on that just as it has been since Weinstein got outed.........

Last edited:

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
I feel exactly the same way, mate. We are a terrible discriminated "minority", yet absolutely nobody cares about as a collective