• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The epigenetic landscape of ME/cfs: deciphering complex phenotypes

Kati

Patient in training

The epigenetic landscape of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome: deciphering complex phenotypes

This is an editorial from 2 researchers from Toronto, De Vega and McGowan. It is behind a paywall and i did not check sci-hub for availability.

Link here

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
I would be interested in this if any one has access.

I can access it through college. It is a very short review quoting the paper a year or so ago looking at gene methylation in white blood cells. To be honest it says nothing new. I also think the introductory stuff is misleading. This is nothing to do with heritability or genetics or epigenetics in that sense but heritability is used as a justification for writing about it. I would not personally call this sort of work epigenetics. It is studying functional commitment of cells during maturation in terms of gene expression potential.

Demepivo

Dolores Abernathy
I would be interested in this if any one has access.

*Can't find it yet on Sci Hub. I am not sure how you put in an order for something there. If something is not yet available, do Sci Hub make a note of it & someoen tries to retreive it?

*Journal has made it difficult to copy & paste details by using screenshots rather than the text.

*No details on PubMed apart from the title, authors' details & DOI.

The DOI is 10.2217/epi-2017-0106

Last edited: