• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What are some natural supplements for POTS?

nimodipine works the best for me for POTS.

I've tried midodrine, butchers's broom, propranolol with caffeine combo, they all work a tiny bit but no where near as well as the nimodipine, for me anyway.

Note you need to take really small doses with ME even smaller if severe. I only take 1/8 of 30mg tablet maintenance does which isn't enough to help with pots but then I take about 1/4 tablet for days when I need to be 'active' or upright most of day, and this is enough to do the trick all day, and increase energy levels and less PEM.
But I save this larger dose for those days I need to be functioning better ie doctor appt or something. I don't know what would happen if I took a larger dose everyday, it would make me over do it, so I haven't done tried that yet....

If you take too much nimodipine you get a headache, so you increase it until you reach that then reduce a little. Most people need more than I take, most severely affected need less.

For more info on how to take nimodipine google:
Nimodipine Use in ME/CFS a Comrehensive Guide by by Susan parker 25%ME group
and you can download the pdf.

Note most ME doctors prescribe too high a dose regime, Dr Mason Brown's guidelines (in the above pdf)were the only ones I could follow

Good luck if you try it.

Peyt

nimodipine works the best for me for POTS.

I've tried midodrine, butchers's broom, propranolol with caffeine combo, they all work a tiny bit but no where near as well as the nimodipine, for me anyway.

Note you need to take really small doses with ME even smaller if severe. I only take 1/8 of 30mg tablet maintenance does which isn't enough to help with pots but then I take about 1/4 tablet for days when I need to be 'active' or upright most of day, and this is enough to do the trick all day, and increase energy levels and less PEM.
But I save this larger dose for those days I need to be functioning better ie doctor appt or something. I don't know what would happen if I took a larger dose everyday, it would make me over do it, so I haven't done tried that yet....

If you take too much nimodipine you get a headache, so you increase it until you reach that then reduce a little. Most people need more than I take, most severely affected need less.

For more info on how to take nimodipine google:
Nimodipine Use in ME/CFS a Comrehensive Guide by by Susan parker 25%ME group
and you can download the pdf.

Note most ME doctors prescribe too high a dose regime, Dr Mason Brown's guidelines (in the above pdf)were the only ones I could follow

Good luck if you try it.
One question, before starting Nimodipine, did you ever have nose bleeds or blood cloths in your mucus?

No I've never had those symptoms before or during nimodipine. but if you do decide to try it, start low and go slow, as soon as you get a headache it's too high. alot of people with ME need a smaller dose than the usual general public dose but then again some with ME take the full dose no problem.

That guide I said toi google and download will tell you more than I can tell you though