• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with taking first Steps with MTHFR/23andme report

As you can see I have a lot of bad mutations and a ton of problems I want to take care of as best as possible, since I mostly feel bad for as long as I can remember.

Hopefully you kind people here can help me find a sort of regimen for supplementations and other measures to overcome at least some of my problems.

About Me/Symptons: Male/ Mid 30s
First of all I can be quiet socially anxious and worry a lot about how people think or perceive me subconsciously. I am depressed and can be very lethargic at times, all I want is to lie in bed and a lot of times any activity will feel like a mountain to climb. Lately I also started getting migranes/headaches and erectile problems. I also am bisexual and sometimes feel quiet sensitiv, I've also got a bit of cellulite and a sort of more female fat storage, despite being very hairy. I've also noticed that I sometimes get a bit manic and then crash, not very extreme, but it feels like all of a sudden I have a too many neurotransmitters around for a bit. I did sports for a while and all of a sudden felt much more manly, sure about my self and just right in my skin. I also have gastro problems and concentration problems.

Note: I'm not drinking or smoking for almost over 2 years now.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-16 um 22.32.12.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-16 um 22.32.12.png
    627.4 KB · Views: 15

CedarHome

I would suggest trying to find a provider who has experience working with this information (they are not easy to find.) You don't mention if you have worked with doctors on your health concerns yet or not.

From what I've read, the genetics are only a part of the puzzle. Your actual nutritional status/ gut function is going to be a lot more helpful in figuring out what you need.

There are a lot of claims online about this or that genetic variation. I'm not sure how many of them have an actual basis in research. There are posts on Phoenix Rising about how to do your own research on Pub Med to check.

I know that MTHFR C677T is the one that has the most robust research on it. Fortunately you're good there.

Here's one thread about the decoding software that's out there- you'll find others if you go to the Phoenix Rising search function and look for terms like SNP and 23andme. I just did a quick search and found a couple of interest- there are many more.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/self-decode.48344/#post-869938
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/did-addressing-snps-help-you.50001/#post-824819

See if you can find someone, likely a naturopath, who will work with you and order a test like Genova Diagnostics NutrEval (there are other options as well.) Where are you located?

I tried the Strategene analysis function and found it more helpful than some others out there.
https://www.drbenlynch.com/product/strategene/

But if I were you I would save the $45 because once you do find a provider you will need it for supplements ;)

Good luck, and please don't get worked up over these results - you need a lot more information first!

Thanks,

I'm in Europe and there's no doctor in my city who takes this serious I think. Just trying to make the most out of the Info really. I think NutrEval will just give me the same results as 23andme though. I'll be looking into Strategene though thank you!