• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's the most similar disease to ME/CFS for assessing off-label treatment options?

What's the most similar disease to ME/CFS for assessing off-label treatment options?

• Rheumatoid arthritis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple sclerosis

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sjorgen's syndrome

• Lupus erythematosus

• Crohn's disease

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Scleroderma

• Myasthenia gravis

• PANDAS/PANS

• Guillain Barre

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Jesse2233

To be clear I'm talking about post-viral ME/CFS of a likely autoimmune origin.

--------------

There are many drugs that few ME/CFS patients have tried, and many people with "chronic fatigue" inadvertently mischaracterize themselves in drug review databases. As a result there are a lot of nebulous diagnoses and limited treatment entries when ME/CFS is used as a critieria for drug review sites.

So recently, while trying to find a good immunosuppressive drug, I've been looking at other major autoimmune disease treatment reviews to see what puts people into remission in those conditions.

Which disease is the best analogue? I don't think anyone knows for sure, but my hope is that some crowdsourced wisdom will provide a degree of clarity. Thus this poll.

----------------

If an option is not listed here, please post it below.

Thanks!

PS - I've purposefully left off POTS/dysautonomia, MCAS, MCS, Lyme, and fibromyalgia because they are so commonly co-morbid and tend to suffer from the same review issues as ME/CFS.