• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video by Dr Myhill: Time to stop the abuse of CFS patients

Barry53

She identifies Simon Wessely as spearheading everything that is wrong with the medical approach to ME; that CBT and GET are useless; that GET makes people worse, and is an oxymoron because CFS by definition means people get worse with more exercise; PACE is a scientific joke, a criminal act in her view; the officially recommended treatments are a form of medical abuse, defrauding/cheating patients out of disability payments, retirement benefits, etc; also abuse of medical professionals, because those that don't toe the line are hauled before the GMC and struck off; she herself wants to demand a public enquiry, and is asking people to go and see their MPs so they sign up, which will then allow her to do so.

For a 6m 40s video it is cram-packed with superbly good stuff. She's really not afraid to tell it how it is.

Last edited:

Barry53

A couple of factual errors on the PACE study costing £8m and the appeal going as far as the Ombudsman but otherwise excellent.
She said "funded to the tune of" ... I wonder if there were other indirect costs that she may be considering?

Edit: Or she may have done a horridly quick addition of 5,000,000 plus 250,000 and misread it for 2,500,000 instead?!

Last edited:

Molly98

Bloody hell, Go Sarah Myhill :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
what a refreshing change to see a doctor call this out for what it is ABUSE.
I do understand why others dare not though.

Good for her.

Whether you agree with her treatments or her theory of ME ( I bloody hate that she uses the term CFS I have to say) you have got to praise her for her courage and tenacity.

I am surprised she is still working after so many investigations, bloody hell this women has grit and determination.

I would like to get my MP on board but my MP is an arse getting suspended from the Tory party for disgracefully racial comments.

Go Sarah Myhill

Molly98

She is clearly a girl after your own heart @Molly98 .

You didn't write her script, by any chance did you? :):hug: :p It just sounds.........familiar. :)

ha ha, give me her energy and I would be camping outside parliament and banging on doors until we got an inquiry. I might still be there in my 90's given how much they care about ME or disabled people in general though.

I had a look on her map and the South West seems particularly bad, I don't think we have any adopted MPs, is that because our MPs are mainly Tory and therefore supportive of govs disability cuts to PIP and ESA and general mistreatment of disabled people etc, or are we terrible advocates down here in the south West @Countrygirl @Jan @hellytheelephant @Invisible Woman @trishrhymes.

I think south of Bristol the only 2 Labour MPs are Ben Bradshaw in Exeter and Luke Pollard in Plymouth the rest is a sea of blue.

Your MP has been quite good haven't they Helly much to your surprise, do you think they would be up for adoption?

Skippa

Anti-BS
My MP cancels offshore wind farm projects because they'd be an eyesore (miles out to sea) and cost too much money, and then greenlights further oil explorations in the same area (ugly pipelines and stuff - way worse than wind farms) for... yep... one of his donors!

Probably ain't gonna get on board. (@Molly98 yep - south west).

Unless... maybe we can get down and dirty and fight them at their own game. Find some tory donors who can put up the $$$ who also "believe" in ME. Money seems to get things done...?

Barry53

This makes me realise something I've been overlooking regards the DWP's part funding of PACE. I already realised it means they can avoid paying people disability benefits etc (or whatever it is called now), but of course those benefits also give you NI credits towards your state pension when you get to state retirement age. So by denying PwME their due benefits before retirement, it is also denying them huge chunks of state pension later. No wonder the DWP (and governments?) would be so enthusiastic about the psychiatric bias.

Last edited:

Jan

ha ha, give me her energy and I would be camping outside parliament and banging on doors until we got an inquiry. I might still be there in my 90's given how much they care about ME or disabled people in general though.

I had a look on her map and the South West seems particularly bad, I don't think we have any adopted MPs, is that because our MPs are mainly Tory and therefore supportive of govs disability cuts to PIP and ESA and general mistreatment of disabled people etc, or are we terrible advocates down here in the south West @Countrygirl @Jan @hellytheelephant @Invisible Woman @trishrhymes.

I think south of Bristol the only 2 Labour MPs are Ben Bradshaw in Exeter and Luke Pollard in Plymouth the rest is a sea of blue.

Your MP has been quite good haven't they Helly much to your surprise, do you think they would be up for adoption?

Guilty as charged M'lady. Do you have a template letter that I could use, it would take me weeks of doing nothing else to write such a letter? It would be easier if my ferrets didn't take up so much of my day and energy, but they are my natural anti-depressants who make me laugh every day, so essential for my well-being. It's a shame I can't teach them to clean up their own poop though.