• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Root Cause Protocol (Morely Robbins)

Who has done this program and gotten well or better? I'm trying to do it now...about 8 months into it...i don't tolerate supplements hardly at all, so doing it mostly through diet, which is slow - going, but recent labs show promising change in iron levels (supposed to be a good thing). If you are not familar with the program, you can find it here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagnesiumAdvocacy/
and here:
http://gotmag.org/

I do see some posts referencing it, but not posts on success stories. Is anyone having success with this or know someone who has?

A very nutshell explanation: His belief is that as we age, our magnesium goes down due to a variety of causes including poor magnesium soil status, iron-fortified wheat, and Vitamin D supplementation. Through a process involving copper, zinc, ceruloplasmin and other things, our bodies get too much unbound toxic iron, and essentially we rust - which we call aging and disease - M.E. being just one of them. It's an involved protocol involving taking more than just magnesium. Microbes feed off of iron and so reducing their iron is the effective thing to do, not fight the bugs.

Thanks for any success stories - or lack of.

NelliePledge

Wow $300 an hour for sessions doing tests on your hair for minerals sounds a bit steep to me plus he's got the usual train to be an adviser or whatever they're called which are potential pyramid schemes. I'm always very cynical about these type of set ups p. and I have no knowledge about the details of this specific one but I'm sceptical

IreneF

Oh gosh. We rust? Explains that flaky, orange skin.

There's a little fact and a lot of imagination right there. You may find people who claim success from this protocol, but you can find stories like that about any anything. You, as a premenopausal woman, are unlikely to have too much iron.

Charles555nc

Who has done this program and gotten well or better? I'm trying to do it now...about 8 months into it...i don't tolerate supplements hardly at all, so doing it mostly through diet, which is slow - going, but recent labs show promising change in iron levels (supposed to be a good thing). If you are not familar with the program, you can find it here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagnesiumAdvocacy/
and here:
http://gotmag.org/

I do see some posts referencing it, but not posts on success stories. Is anyone having success with this or know someone who has?

A very nutshell explanation: His belief is that as we age, our magnesium goes down due to a variety of causes including poor magnesium soil status, iron-fortified wheat, and Vitamin D supplementation. Through a process involving copper, zinc, ceruloplasmin and other things, our bodies get too much unbound toxic iron, and essentially we rust - which we call aging and disease - M.E. being just one of them. It's an involved protocol involving taking more than just magnesium. Microbes feed off of iron and so reducing their iron is the effective thing to do, not fight the bugs.

Thanks for any success stories - or lack of.

Sounds unreliable to me. If we "rust" then metal binders/chelators like DMSA, EDTA, or DMPS would reverse the process, which I've taken and haven't gotten better. Bacteria steal magnesium to create biofilm, which is why I think most people are magnesium deficient, that and diet- but a couple scoops of Epsom Salts orally will correct that temporarily and acts as a strong laxative to make you more regular.

Whats working for me is toxin binders (for lyme and internal mold), cholestryamine, glucomannan, activated charcoal, and nasal washes of xylitol and salt/hydrogen peroxide- for Marcons/mold in the deep nasal passages. But I did alot of other stuff like correct deficiencies in molybdenum, zinc, vitamin D, phosphatidyl choline, etc etc

Hip

Morley Robbins's "Magnesium Advocate Group" is a bit of joke. See this post from his website:
o There is NO such thing as “medical disease”
o There is ONLY “metabolic dysfunction” CAUSED by “mineral dysregulation”
o This is TIGGERED by our “moronic diet” of Iron-enriched & Iron-altering foods
Source: MAG-pie Alert!… #16 TOXICITY OF IRON
So he has convinced himself that every single medical disease is caused by mineral dysregulation!?!