• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Remember to ''like'' good ME/CFS posts on Facebook

Hey everyone

Firstly, I was not sure where on this forum I should be posting this. This is going to be a short post, but I find it to be very important nonetheless. The topic is advocacy, and how you can help spread more awareness with very little effort.

I used to work successfully with social media 2-4 years ago, before I got too sick to continue, I therefore had and still have a decent idea of how the social media algorithms work.

The movie 'Unrest' recently released an official trailer for the movie on its Facebook page. I am always extremely pleased with how well Jennifer B, is running her social media accounts. The posts on her Facebook page always get a large amounts of interaction with her followers on her social media accounts (likes, comments and shares).

What I did notice this time though, was that her trailer had a massive 2,900 shares within 21 hours of her post being posted. This is great! The post also had 2,200 likes, which is also impressive. But there is no reason her post should have more shares than likes. A 'like' might not seem like much, especially with the low amount of effort involved in just liking a post. But the truth is a 'like' counts as an interaction on Facebook, and therefore has an important effect on how much traction a Facebook post gets. Liking a Facebook post also makes sure that some of your Facebook friends see the activity in their homefeed just like when you share a post! Except a like comes off as much less aggressive, I mean, hey, it isn't your fault that your friends happen to see what you like on Facebook, its that pesky algorithms fault!

To make a needlessly long story short. Compared to the extremely low effort in liking something, a like actually goes an incredible long way. So next time you see an important CFS / ME post that you want shared with your friends, just give it a quick like! Even if you decide to share the post, make sure to like the original post as well!

If you want to go all out advocacy and make sure that you get the maximum bang for your buck, then make sure to comment on the Facebook post as well. You do not even have to make a long post. Just post something like ''Wow, great video'', ''Impressive'' or ''Great work XXX''. Even tagging a friend in a CFS / ME video can have a large effect! (Facebook loves when people tag each other in videoes, abuse this!!)

So remember to spread the word to your CFS / ME friends. A simple ''like'' goes a long long way on Facebook!!

Last edited:

*GG*

Hey everyone

Firstly, I was not sure where on this forum I should be posting this. This is going to be a short post, but I find it to be very important nonetheless. The topic is advocacy, and how you can help spread more awareness with very little effort.

I used to work successfully with social media 2-4 years ago, before I got too sick to continue, I therefore had and still have a decent idea of how the social media algorithms work.

The movie 'Unrest' recently released an official trailer for the movie on its Facebook page. I am always extremely pleased with how well Jennifer B, is running her social media accounts. The posts on her Facebook page always get a large amounts of interaction with her followers on her social media accounts (likes, comments and shares).

What I did notice this time though, was that her trailer had a massive 2,900 shares within 21 hours of her post being posted. This is great! The post also had 2,200 likes, which is also impressive. But there is no reason her post should have more shares than likes. A 'like' might not seem like much, especially with the low amount of effort involved in just liking a post. But the truth is a 'like' counts as an interaction on Facebook, and therefore has an important effect on how much traction a Facebook post gets. Liking a Facebook post also makes sure that some of your Facebook friends see the activity in their homefeed just like when you share a post! Except a like comes off as much less aggressive, I mean, hey, it isn't your fault that your friends happen to see what you like on Facebook, its that pesky algorithms fault!

To make a needlessly long story short. Compared to the extremely low effort in liking something, a like actually goes an incredible long way. So next time you see an important CFS / ME post that you want shared with your friends, just give it a quick like! Even if you decide to share the post, make sure to like the original post as well!

If you want to go all out advocacy and make sure that you get the maximum bang for your buck, then make sure to comment on the Facebook post as well. You do not even have to make a long post. Just post something like ''Wow, great video'', ''Impressive'' or ''Great work XXX''. Even tagging a friend in a CFS / ME video can have a large effect! (Facebook loves when people tag each other in videoes, abuse this!!)

So remember to spread the word to your CFS / ME friends. A simple ''like'' goes a long long way on Facebook!!

Welcome to the Forum, I think it is also important for people to put a good "Descriptive Title" on Posts, so it might land more people on this Forum and perhaps they will learn more of our plight!

Perhaps you can expand on your Title?

GG

lafarfelue

Welcome to the Forum, I think it is also important for people to put a good "Descriptive Title" on Posts, so it might land more people on this Forum and perhaps they will learn more of our plight!

Perhaps you can expand on your Title?

GG

I agree with this, otherwise it will slip most of us by! I think I only clicked on this because I knew what it was from having seen a similar post on Reddit, and came to link the Unrest trailer on Facebook. :nerd:

And speaking of which, here is a Facebook link to the official trailer for Jen Brea's film Unrest, for easy access! "Like" away at it! :D

*GG*

I agree with this, otherwise it will slip most of us by! I think I only clicked on this because I knew what it was from having seen a similar post on Reddit, and came to link the Unrest trailer on Facebook. :nerd:

And speaking of which, here is a Facebook link to the official trailer for Jen Brea's film Unrest, for easy access! "Like" away at it! :D

Done!

GG

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
@Rick Sanchez I added few words to the title of this thread hoping to make it clearer. But if you have any suggestions for how to improve it then just let me know. (tag me with @ahimsa or send me a message)

Last edited:

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Sorry, don't use facebook, takes up too much energy and resources i don't have ;)