• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Leave home sick?

eric_gladiator

Before I fell so sick I had many plans to take and leave the house but my mother's pressure was great, despite knowing that it was not convenient for me to be at home because of the negative atmosphere, problems, Distances with my father, the discomfort ... because I'm sorry now I'm very sick and I can not work, it costs me more to be independent although I fight. I often think of going home to a place where I can breathe and be calmer, where no one is judging me or giving me absurd ideas of what I can do with my incomprehensible disease, the idea motivates me but my mother considers discarding it, that She's going to take care of me and I'm so sick I should not go anywhere

*GG*

So you need help with your care? Your mother is competent at providing that? I would take the help while you can get it! Lots of us don't have that option. I don't need it because I am not that severe, although perhaps I could be down the road? Hope not!

I am a male over the age of 45 living with his parents, my dad is very negative, but luckily we don't have all day overlap with hours of activity. He is up early and in be by 8pm. I am usually only out of bed around noon. Tougher in the winter when there is less space to get away. But hope my disability is moved forward in the next year, and I can move on with my life in a new living situation.

GG

eric_gladiator

@*GG*
My parents take care of me, but I only see a load at home that is also a very big expense. I do not like living in my house, the environment is negative and it does not help, sooner or later they will want me to work or do something that I can not do much to my regret. I have the option of going to live in a shared apartment or going with my partner, I just want to get rid of this environment of negativity in which I am gone

hellytheelephant

Before I fell so sick I had many plans to take and leave the house but my mother's pressure was great, despite knowing that it was not convenient for me to be at home because of the negative atmosphere, problems, Distances with my father, the discomfort ... because I'm sorry now I'm very sick and I can not work, it costs me more to be independent although I fight. I often think of going home to a place where I can breathe and be calmer, where no one is judging me or giving me absurd ideas of what I can do with my incomprehensible disease, the idea motivates me but my mother considers discarding it, that She's going to take care of me and I'm so sick I should not go anywhere

Well- what do YOU want to do?

Just because you are sick does not mean someone else gets to be the boss of you- even if they are your mum!!. It sounds like you have an option to go with your partner- are they supportive and willing and able to help you?

Dainty

I hear you, @eric_gladiator . I trust your observation that it's a bad environment for you, and I think you should get the heck outta there!

I left my family's place to live on my own, in a vehicle on the streets, when I was still too ill to walk half a block most days. And I wasn't always well enough to drive. I wasn't sure I'd survive it. There were several times I almost died for lack of ability to care for myself, when strangers - and then friends - saved my life. I was in the emergency room a lot.

Physically, life was much more difficult than when I had hot showers, hot meals, and my mom helping me as caregiver. But mentally/emotionally, I had never felt so good in my life. I felt like for the first time, I could do only what I needed to do, without having to justify it to anyone. And that, for me, was a completely essential factor to my healing process.

It sounds like you have two very decent housing possibilities lined up. I say go for it! It sounds to me like your mom is just trying to find ways to keep you there. I know it can be really, REALLY difficult to push back against that pressure, but this is YOUR decision. It's your life, and you only get to live it once. Do what you think will help you feel happier, by all means!