• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Remineralization

David Jackson

Not long ago, a few of us had a discussion in a thread I posted about how to remineralize your teeth/tooth enamel.

I’d like to take that one step further, now, and pose the question to the Phoenixes: how would you go about remineralizing the body?

Let’s say I suspect I’ve burnt though a lot of stuff over the last six years while I’ve had CFS… blood tests and hair mineral tests usually always show my mineral levels at the low end of the acceptable reference range. What have you heard of and/or tried to remineralize the body?

Thanks in advance.

Carl

Biofilms use metals such as calcium, magnesium and other metals to reinforce their structure. I believe that this is why CFS have higher than normal mineral requirements because much of it is used to produce and maintain a biofilm.

I use magnesium carbonate (MgCo3) mixed with acids such as ascorbic acid and amino acids to form magnesium salts which are highly bioavailable. MgCo3 fizzes when mixed with an acid in an acid/base reaction. It's fairly inexpensive and 28% magnesium so works out quite cost effective although not highly convenient. A 5ml scoop provides around 200mg of magnesium.

Boron ie boric acid can be got from borax powder. I use 6 grams in around 1.1 litres of water and a 5ml spoon provides about 3mg of boron. Boron is important to bone health.

I have posted a late reply to your other thread BTW.

Last edited:

Learner1

The doctors I see typically put people on vitamins D and K2 and Citramins/Citramins II. They are changing to a new product formulation shortly...note the reason. They are extremely careful and test every batch of ingredients and regularly reject ingredients that they find are contaminated. Worth thinking about when buying other products.

https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/citramin-ii-reg-without-copper-iron

I also have taken this product which has a good blend of synergistic nutrients for bones:

https://www.gardenoflife.com/content/product/mykind-organics-organic-plant-calcium/

David Jackson

Thanks for those replies! Might look into those things...

At the moment, I'm smashing in a tablespoon of molasses with each meal... and I eat four times per day due to weird blood-sugar stuff, so that is four tablespoons of molasses each day.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
For bone remineralization, my doctor recommended OsteoPrev by Orthomolecular Products. It might help other parts of the body as well.
It contains:
1000 IU Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)
525 mcg Vitamin K1
25 mcg Vitamin K2 as MK7
800 mcg Folic Acid
250 mg Calcium (as Hydroxyapatite, Di-Calcium Malate)
110 mg Phosphorus
150 mg Magnesium
200 mcg Selenium (as Selenium Glycinate Chelate)
1 mg Copper (as TRAACS* Copper Glycinate Chelate)
10 mg Manganese (as TRAACS* Manganese Glycinate Chelate)
150 mcg Molybdenum (as TRAACS* Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)
600 mg Ipriflavone
5 mg Boron (as Bororganic Glycine)

Note that it contains folic acid which some people, especially older women, can't utilize.

Last edited: