• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ron Davis, Ashley Haugen, Linda Tannenbaum and Raeka Aiyar at IiME #OMF

Jo Best

What is the official hash # to search in tweeter I am not founding but a few posts, uncharacteristic for this types of events coverage.
7th Biomedical Research into ME Colloquium: #BRMEC7 - not many tweets over the 2 days because it's a closed meeting attended only by the researchers or invited guests. OMF also tweeted #IiME
12th Invest in ME Conference today: #IiMEC12

Jo Best

AshleyHalcyoneH

Open Medicine Foundation
IMG_4279.JPG
IMG_4288.JPG
IMG_4290.JPG
For those of you not on twitter: some photos from the start of the day

AshleyHalcyoneH

Open Medicine Foundation
Have anybody notice the happy faces and good attitude on pics? Under the circumstances and what we face, I think we have a great attitude as a community.
The general attitude at this conference is very uplifting. Everyone is just so happy to see the support, and to see so many scientists so passionate and dedicated to solving this! All smiles over here!

My mum is attending the conference at the moment and is sending a few photos over! Thought you might like to see this @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) . Think my mum is finding the conference a bit emotional, she looks a bit teary in some of the photos <3. Apart from attending a talk by Dr Shepherd a few years ago we have never met a doctor who has known anything about ME and I think being in a room with all these amazing researchers and getting updates on all the work they're doing is amazing but over-whelming!

I constantly bang on about the amazing Prof Davis and the OMF and how we need to give them all our money;). This year asked for donations for OMF instead of b-day prezzies. She made sure to snap this photos and send it to me! Prof Davis must meet so many grateful families. Wanted to share as this photo as it absolutely made my day:lol:. Thanks for sharing photos and updates of the conference @AshleyHalyconeH!
18870444_10156191271278452_1803106657_o.jpg

AshleyHalcyoneH

Open Medicine Foundation
My mum is attending the conference at the moment and is sending a few photos over! Thought you might like to see this @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) . Think my mum is finding the conference a bit emotional, she looks a bit teary in some of the photos <3. Apart from attending a talk by Dr Shepherd a few years ago we have never met a doctor who has known anything about ME and I think being in a room with all these amazing researchers and getting updates on all the work they're doing is amazing but over-whelming!

I constantly bang on about the amazing Prof Davis and the OMF and how we need to give them all our money;). This year asked for donations for OMF instead of b-day prezzies. She made sure to snap this photos and send it to me! Prof Davis must meet so many grateful families. Wanted to share as this photo as it absolutely made my day:lol:. Thanks for sharing photos and updates of the conference @AshleyHalyconeH!View attachment 21613
Lovely photo! And I'm so glad your mum got to meet Ron and attend this meeting. I hope it gives you both some long overdue hope!