• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First Consultation With KDM

I'm at an 8 on the official scale. Can work 6 or so hours a day, drive short distances. Only a little walking and 5 lb weights for exercise at home. I can get out for a few hours a couple times a week socially. Just dinners really. So, I'm worried trying this could make me worse again. It was hard to get back here. But the summers are worse, I feel horrible with the heat. I miss all my social activities and sports I enjoyed. Fingers crossed for a good experience!

Allyb510

@Allyb510 Not weird at all! It's nice that I can offer hope. KDM said I was a classic case of the type that he has helped many people with before.

I had not posted on the forum prior to this thread, as I am very much a lurker normally. When I was ill, I would read the forum all the time trying to glean as much information that might be of help. I think part of the problem with 'success stories' is that when people start to feel better, they start living their lives again & don't need the support of the forum. I certainly have not visited the site that frequently since feeling better.

It was my follow up appointment with KDM and the fact that he has helped so much that prompted me to check the forum and see if anyone else had success with him. I saw your post and did think how similar our stories were.

KDM also pressed my abdomen during my first appointment and found an incredibly tender spot, that I hadn't even realised was there.

I have had my follow-up meeting with KDM now & he is happy that the infections have been cleared, it is just a matter of time now for my body to heal & build back my immune system. He said I could get ill again if I suffer another nasty infection, but fingers crossed that I don't!

I think the Ofloxacin was to treat Chlamydia Pnemoniae, which was one of the bacteria I tested positive for. Whereas the Rifaximin was for Yersinia, which apparently is much harder to get rid of.

Anyway, I hope KDM will be able to help you as much as he is helping me.

Aw that's great about your follow-up visit Pacificjade! I think most ME patients are perfectionists and achievers, so try not to fall into the trap of doing more and more when you feel better. x