• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sneezing

undcvr

One of the strangest symptoms that I know that tells me that I am not well is that every morning when I wake up, without fail, I will sneeze once or twice. Then I will be alrite for the rest of the day. But it tells me to be on guard for the rest of the day that something is admist inside me.

Anybody else has this ?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I very seldom sneeze, but when I do it is an indication that I'm getting ready to throw up (weird!). I bet we all have the signs like you do, but we haven't put 2 and 2 together yet to figure out that it is a warning. Good observation!

shannah

Well, sneezing for me signals the exact opposite. For years, I didn't sneeze nor have any 'normal' bodily reactions such as hiccups, belching, etc. So for me, signs like these are signals that something's happening in my body to begin to normalize.

Strange how these signs are significant yet tell each of us something different.

wonderoushope

I have this problem. Where I now sneeze quite a few times a day now and usually it follows with my feeling a bit woozy and very tired. But I don't get coughing, runny nose, itchy eyes, itchy throat or anything like that. I'm guessing it is because I am run down. I'm assuming it not hay-fever for that very reason, plus it's not hay-fever season here.

GreyOwl

Dx: strong belief system, avoidance, hypervigilant
Yes my daughter has this and it is worse when she is unwell. I believe it can be caused by two things - autonomic something, or histamine. I don't know whether those two things are mutually exclusive. Do you get congestion as well?

I believe there is a lot of literature on non-allergic rhinitis in ME/CFS.

wonderoushope

Yes my daughter has this and it is worse when she is unwell. I believe it can be caused by two things - autonomic something, or histamine. I don't know whether those two things are mutually exclusive. Do you get congestion as well?

I believe there is a lot of literature on non-allergic rhinitis in ME/CFS.
I feel like it could have something to do with histamine or intolerances.
I have an issue with either histamines or glutamate in food I haven't been as careful these last few months and noticed my body is reacting. I had crippling cramps in my stomach from consuming soy sauce the other day. I have a lot of issues with glutamate type foods, but a lot of the foods also are histamine based.

This evening my nose is really aggravated (like a tickling sensation, just before you sneeze). I can't say my nose is overly congested (maybe slightly).

I'll look into non-allergic rhinitis.

I wish it was the end of a "flare-up", but it has been like this for the last month or so.

wonderoushope

But did the other symptoms decrease?

No not really. I go through cycles with symptoms. Usually when one dies down something else appears. At the moment is sneezing, depression (which comes and goes), fatigue, insomnia, itching, tender body parts and an increase in food intolerance.

wonderoushope

I ended up a day after the post above, getting a cold! I haven't had a cold for about 4 years (I think since I got sick). I sneezed a lot through the first day of the cold, but I am not sneezing anymore, as I was prior to getting the cold. I suspect, my body over the last few months has been suppressing a cold (hence the sneezing and wooziness).