• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Most Effective Anti-Inflammatories

shannah

Other than using EPA/DHA , fish oils, turmeric, curcumin, LDN, Celebrex, Lyrica, and medical marijuana, what have others had success with in lowering inflammation levels please.

Thanks.

Thinktank

Besides the ones you mentioned here are a few other things that helped me lower my overall inflammation.

1. Going gluten & dairy free, this completely relieved my joint pain
2. Less sugars, disaccharides ramp up my inflammation
3. Boswellia, MCT oil gelcaps from NOW foods, only this specific boswellia product works. It stops an asthmatic attack or allergic reaction within 30 minutes. Powerful leukotriene inhibitor.
4. Quercetin phytosome Thorne labs, really lowers the inflammation in my intestines, mast cell stabilizer and antihistamine.
5. Ketotifen, mast cell stabilizer
6. Cetirizine, H1 inhibitor
7. Butterbur, opens up my sinuses, great to take at night because it has some GABAergic action.
8 Calcium-channel inhibitors somehow relieve inflammation in me

shannah

Besides the ones you mentioned here are a few other things that helped me lower my overall inflammation.

1. Going gluten & dairy free, this completely relieved my joint pain
2. Less sugars, disaccharides ramp up my inflammation
3. Boswellia, MCT oil gelcaps from NOW foods, only this specific boswellia product works. It stops an asthmatic attack or allergic reaction within 30 minutes. Powerful leukotriene inhibitor.
4. Quercetin phytosome Thorne labs, really lowers the inflammation in my intestines, mast cell stabilizer and antihistamine.
5. Ketotifen, mast cell stabilizer
6. Cetirizine, H1 inhibitor
7. Butterbur, opens up my sinuses, great to take at night because it has some GABAergic action.
8 Calcium-channel inhibitors somehow relieve inflammation in me

That's an interesting list you've put together. Thanks so much @Thinktank

The first 2, I watch very carefully and have done for several years.

I haven't noticed a lowering of inflammation with antihistamines in the past but will maybe try the specific one you mentioned in #5.

knackers323

@Gondwanaland how much pycnogenol were you taking, how quick and impressive were the effects?

While I was closely following a paleo diet and took very big doses of pycno I felt much much better but I had to re dose every four or five hours

Gondwanaland

@Gondwanaland how much pycnogenol were you taking, how quick and impressive were the effects?

While I was closely following a paleo diet and took very big doses of pycno I felt much much better but I had to re dose every four or five hours
My answer to your question will be useless... I am no good as a control group :rolleyes:
The 1st dose worked (ten miligrams) and subsequent trials failed due to salicylate intolerance. But the effect of the 1st dose was impressive (great relief of joint/general pain), so I saw a huge potential in it and believe it might do wonders for most folks.