• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMI or Dr. Levine

fireflymd

I am already taking LDN and recently started Valtrex for elevated EBV early antigen Ab. I'm following Dr. Lerner's protocol as well as the information on Dr. Podell's website.

I was also diagnosed with POTS with a positive tilt table test and am taking Midodrine and Adderall.

I am thinking it would be better to go to OMI instead of Dr. Levine? I live near NYC, but from what I've read on this forum I am already doing the treatments she prescribes and I never saw benefit from IV nutrients.

I have this same question. If anyone has been to OMI and knows if they pursue any treatments outside of those prescribed by Dr. Levine I would love to know. NY is much easier for me to get to, but it's worth traveling if OMI has additional treatments.

Also, are Dr. Andreas Kogelnik and Dr. David Kaufman both still treating patients at OMI? I was looking to book an appointment with Dr. Kaufman but only Kogelnik was listed on the website.

bspg

Plant Queen
@brooke I'm not familiar with Dr. Levine's protocol so I can't say if OMI's treatments are different. I'm sure there are others here who are able to answer this question.

Drs Kogelnik and Kaufman are still treating patients, but they are now at serperate clinics. Dr. Kogelnik is still at OMI, however Dr. Kaufman and Dr. Chheda left OMI a few months ago and started a new practice, called "Center for Complex Diseases".

More info about the split here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/omi-kaufman-and-chheda-departure.51859/

Some info on the new clinic's name: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/dr-kaufman-and-dr-chhedas-new-office-name.53842/