• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mitochondria supplements......?

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Uhm, I'm not exactly sure what all you get. It is a nutritional analysis. Information about the Krebs cycle is one thing that comes from it.

Our highly esteemed Dr. Rich liked it and my dr. recommended it, so I am getting it.

Speaking of Dr. Rich, he wrote an evaluation guide for this test. Was this just for people who were ordering it without a dr. or does it need to be evaluated differently for people with M.E. than for other people? In other words, can I trust my dr.'s evaluation of it?

pamojja

I take just plain old Co-q10. It's from dr Myhill so I presume it's ok. However they suggest ubiqunol On line don't they......? Does it make much difference I wonder....?

Some years ago I always suffered angina-like chest-pain with any from of stress (mental or physical). Starting with comprehensive supplementation I realized that above 160 mg of CoQ these chest pain never occurred. However, one bad side-effect of this effective symptom-management was, that whenever I dropped below this dose of CoQ10 chest-pains recurred, now even without stress.

Experimenting with Ubiquinol, the more expensive version, does have the same effect at half that dose. PQQ didn't do anything recognizable.

caledonia

Where is this available?
cheers.

I'm not sure exactly where the UK people or Europeans got their NutrEval tests, but I got mine from an online direct to consumer lab testing website. You may also be able to get it from a functional medicine or holistic type practitioner.

The NutrEval test is from Genova Diagnostics. Here is a link:
https://www.gdx.net/product/nutreval-fmv-nutritional-test-blood-urine

I noticed there is a Region tab in the upper right that mentions the UK and Europe - probably a good place to start.