• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NOVA/rituximab questions

Does anybody have any information as to whether or not NOVA is accepting new patients? I am located in the southern US and I'm planning on making an appointment sometime next year after the phase III rituximab results are released. Ideally, this clinic would be closer to me, but I am not restricted to the region. If NOVA is seeing new patients, I was wondering if rituximab is currently being offered here, and if not, what centers in the US are treating patients with it. Thanks

Gingergrrl

What is NOVA? I have researched Rituximab (RTX) but never came across NOVA in my research and am thinking maybe they have another name or I just do not know the abbreviation?

Gingergrrl

Thanks Sushi and I'd always heard of it as "INIM" (like your second link) vs. NOVA. To the OP, I have no idea if they do Rituximab (RTX) and would be curious about the answer as well. The two centers that I know of who do RTX for ME/CFS patients are OMI and a center in Kolibri (Norway) that I do not know the name of! And sometimes individual doctors and infusion centers in the community.

fireflymd

Does anybody have any information as to whether or not NOVA is accepting new patients? I am located in the southern US and I'm planning on making an appointment sometime next year after the phase III rituximab results are released. Ideally, this clinic would be closer to me, but I am not restricted to the region. If NOVA is seeing new patients, I was wondering if rituximab is currently being offered here, and if not, what centers in the US are treating patients with it. Thanks

I'm sure at this point you have already learned that no, they are not taking new patients.

I called and left my information on their answering machine with the hope that they will add me to their waiting list.