• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Janet Dafoe Joins Phoenix Rising Board of Directors

I'm delighted to announce that Janet Dafoe has joined Phoenix Rising's Board of Directors.

I expect that almost everybody reading this already knows Janet as the wife of Professor Ron Davis; as the mother and caretaker of her son Whitney Dafoe who is severely ill with ME/CFS; as a deeply committed advocate for the cause of ME/CFS patients; as a fundraiser for the OMF and for Ron's research; and also as Rose49 on the Phoenix Rising forums (I believe Janet has the most likes per post of any member on the forums!).

Many may not be aware, however, of the wealth of experience as an academic, practitioner, diagnostician, educator, and non-profit board member that Janet is now bringing to Phoenix Rising. You can read a bit more about Janet's background, and about Phoenix Rising's other directors, on our Board of Directors page.

I'm sure you will all join me in wishing Janet well in her new role.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingergrrl

For some reason when I typed @Rose49, it is no longer there as an option and not putting the normal blue tag. Am I doing something wrong?

Gingergrrl

We needed to use my actual name now so it's changed to @Janet Dafoe (Rose49). I'm hoping that Rose49 is still searchable for those who don't know about the change. I haven't had a chance to check yet.

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) For whatever reason, "Rose49" is no longer an option in the drop-down menu and doesn't tag you (as far as I can tell) but the moderators can confirm better than me!

I'm excited to take on this new role and hope I can make a difference for everyone!

Absolutely and this is very exciting news! Am thrilled for you (and for us) but hope you will still have time to rest.

Kati

Patient in training

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm hoping that Rose49 is still searchable for those who don't know about the change.
Rose49 is searchable as a search topic but not as a member. But, if you use Google Site Search, Rose49 is still searchable because it is Google doing a search of past posts rather than the PR software which no longer recognizes Rose49 as a member--only Janet Dafoe (Rose49). When a member's name is changed, it changes on all their previous posts as well. Hope that makes sense!

Pendergast

Spain
I'm hoping that Rose49 is still searchable for those who don't know about the change. I haven't had a chance to check yet.

I'm excited to take on this new role and hope I can make a difference for everyone!

I tried to search you as Rose49 but I couldn't. But you'll see how fast we learn your new nick! You are so appreciated here! :)

And you are already making a difference here. When you liked my message ( something so usual here in PR) that was like a science fiction here in my spanish heart and made my insomnic night much more special hahaha.:rofl:

Hugs! :angel:

Last edited: