• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PACE trial, "piece of crap" or "thing of beauty"? (Poll)

Laelia

This was posted by @Yogi in a tweet in another thread (thanks!). I thought it deserved it's own thread.

David Tuller has described the PACE trial as a "piece of crap". Simon Wessely described it as "a thing of beauty".

So who do you agree with?

Was the PACE trial a "piece of crap" or "thing of beauty"?

Cast your vote here:
http://riches2b.atspace.cc/#poll

While you're there, check out the website too, it's utterly brilliant. And if you agree, share widely :thumbsup:

[Edited to add further background/explanation to poll]

Last edited:

Dolphin

C6n310vXUAA_SHW.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:

Laelia

Currently 659 crap, 2 beauty. Hey, isn't that more than the patients in the actual trial?

Now at 719 for crap, still 2 for beauty. I wonder who the 2 votes for beauty were from. Anyone prepared to come out and admit to voting for beauty?

I would love to see how the patients in the study would vote on this.

Me too. If there are any PACE trial participants out there who are willing to share their vote, please do let us know...