• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jen Brea: What happens when you have a disease doctors can't diagnose - TED Talk!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I think that Jen Brea is going to be on NPR's TED Radio Hour this week. I heard a promo for a segment about a woman with an undiagnosed disorder. I assume that is her. Different stations air it on different days. If you are interested you will have to check the schedule of your local NPR affiliate.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Jen is now featured in an episode of Guy Raz's NPR radio show, the TED Radio Hour:

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/10/51412...diohour&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170208

(Click the round blue button in the top left.)

BBC Radio 4 has this show (though I don't know how much it lags the broadcasts on NPR). It would be great to have it on R4, raising awareness in the UK. It includes the long-term ruinous effects of exercise (a single walk home from a doctor who told her to do more) on Jen.

Last edited:

John Mac

Just received this email update from #MEAction on the TED talk

In just over a month, my TED talk has been translated into 18 languages and has been viewed over 890,000 times. This has been thanks in large part to how much you have shared and spread this talk and its message about the reality of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).

Now I need your help. We want to reach 1 million views for the #MillionsMissing!
Here are three ways to help:

1) Share on social media
Go to the TED page and use their social sharing buttons to share the talk on Facebook and Twitter. Use the hashtag #millionsmissing

2) Email the talk to 10 people you know

Share the talk with a friend, a loved one, or a family member so they can better understand your experience. Or share it with someone you know grappling with another chronic illness who might relate.

3) Use the talk as a way to start a conversation with someone in your community

Send it to a doctor, nurse, school teacher, or community or religious leader you know personally, for example. A deeper understanding might help them to better serve adults and young people living with ME and other invisible or chronic illnesses.

Thank you as ever for your support and your activism! Together, I believe we will achieve full recognition of this disease and someday soon, find a cure.

Yours,

Jen

Kati

Patient in training
IMG_1745.JPG

lafarfelue

It's really great, isn't it?!

Jen Brea is a member of the forums here. :)

She's also made a documentary film called Unrest, which can be found internationally on Netflix, Prime Video, iTunes, Google Play. Very very highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

It's really great, isn't it?!

Jen Brea is a member of the forums here. :)

She's also made a documentary film called Unrest, which can be found internationally on Netflix, Prime Video, iTunes, Google Play. Very very highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

I think she's seeing the same Dr. As me :D

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Jen also set up (with others) #ME Action/MillionsMissing advocacy to further awareness of ME as a serious disease and get governments/philanthropists and researchers to provide more funding and do the bio research needed for treatment and a cure.
See: https://www.meaction.net/

In the past i stopped watching TED talks cause it was a bunch of amateurs with misinformation pretending to be experts. Ill watch this link though and hopefully it will be better thanks.