• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My start to healing and how Tendonitis/Tendonosis/Bursitis/Gout can overlap and mimic each other

prioris

One of the problems with Tendonitis/Tendonosis/Bursitis/Gout is that the symptoms can mimic or overlap each other so one is in a diagnosis quandary. Remedies for these can overlap each other. I think many people don't really know what the root problem is but when a remedy and label works, they go on with their life maybe never really knowing. I will tell you my story. I think this is useful info for anyone with connective tissue problems. I am a 61 year old male.

I think the problem started many years prior to that. I felt some very slight minor pain in my arm. I had severe peripheral artery (PAD) disease about 12 years ago. I cured that with nattokinase-serrapaptase over 10 years ago. The pain felt somewhat similar to PAD so I brushed it off as sparse remnants of PAD. Another symptom came maybe 4 or 5 years ago where I had difficult reaching my arm around my back to scratch myself. Since I had other more important medical stuff to focus on and it was relatively minor enough where I just brushed it aside and would get to it later when I had time.

I first became aware that I had some problem about two years ago when one of my Rotator Cuff became sore. I brushed it off as an overuse problem since I swim. I thought it would get better on it's own with rest. I had difficulty sleeping on that side. Over a year went by and it did not heal. I started to focus on the problem a lot more when my other shoulder developed the same pain. The last 6 months I started to really put the pedal to the metal in focusing on the problem.

I had RA which I cured with borax 3-4 years ago. I thought maybe it was returning but I eventually decided that was not the problem. I thought maybe Gout may be the problem so I went to the doctors to get a uric acid test. The doctor said I didn't have gout. I didn't have the classic symptoms of gout either.

So I proceeded to focus on tendonitis. That lead me to such terms as bursitis,tendonosis and tendinopathy which get buried under tendonitis term. Since bursitis was a synovial fluid problem, I felt that it was a dead end also since I take supplements that replenish that fluid. I didn't have overt inflammation so I thought tendonosis. I did exercise the shoulder and it improved some so I though it had to be tendonosis. The problem developed in other shoulder. I started to focus in on a more restricted diet and noticed it was still getting worse. I should be getting better but I wasn't. I was eating meats and fish. So I started to loop back around to revisiting gout. As I made an effort to lower my uric acid, the problem did not worsen any longer. I remember thinking my uric acid level was 5.2 but I realized I misread it and it was 6.2. That is still supposedly within normal range but seen by some as in the risk level.

Eventually i diagnosed myself with Atypical Gout and that has empirically worked. I think many other people have gout but never realize it since many of these ailments overlap. I don't think The uric acid levels test tells all. They say the crystals only precipitate at uric acid levels of 6.8.

Along the way I scoured the internet for information about those other related ailments so I will give you a synopsis in what I found out since there is no post which truly brings together these related problems which can mimic each other. Many people are looking for solutions to CONNECTIVE TISSUE problems so hopefully this post helps accomplish that to some degree.

I think one needs to take a multifaceted approach to healing these problems. Diagnosing things can get murky.

BURSITIS

I probably had bursitis somewhere in my body but some aspects of RA can mimic bursitis so it can be murky. I already take supplements to keep the synovial fluid problems at bay.

Bursitis is a synovial fluid problem. Synovial fluid problems are healed with a quality hyaluronic acid (HA). The HA I found the best was a highly absorbable kind called Biocell. Most HA supplements use that. Look at the back of the label. It contains a highly absorb able HA, type 2 collagen (Tendons are type 1 collagen) and chondroitin. It needs to be taken on an EMPTY stomach and with a cup of water. You can take entire day dose at once. It accumulates in the body. This also heals herniated discs and gum recession. It takes 6 weeks for herniated discs so probably a lot less for bursitis. Take 4 or more capsules until healed. You can do loading since it stores in the body. That means you can double or triple the dose for fast results.

GOUT

For gout, it will take a while for the uric acid crystals to dissolve. The remedy I am using is

1) Life extension Uric Acid Control supplement

This inhibit xanthine oxidase, an enzyme involved in the synthesis of uric acid. In one study, this has been tested and found to work nearly as well as the medications but without side effects. It is dose dependent. The higher the dose, the more the uric acid levels will fall. They say it needs to be taken after meal which may mean it could be fat soluble herb extract. I just take it with some nuts. I take 3 capules per day. The studies used 2 capsules. I take 1 capule every 4 hours with food.

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazi...-attacks-by-lowering-uric-acid-levels/page-01

Pantothenic Acid works to eliminate uric acid from kidneys and also works synergistically with riboflavin (i am constantly deficient in this) so I take these also.

2) Baking soda in water

The alkaline is suppose to speed up the dissolving of the crystals. I put 1/2 tsp of baking soda in glass of water. I drink 6 glasses a day. Some will mix in lemon juice. Some will just use water. There are other things used like apple cider vinegar and lemon which are also alkaline for the body but those tend to deplete me of minerals plus they are acidic for teeth.

3) Diet

I just make sure I don't over due it with the high purine foods. Low purine foods are seeds, nuts and grains. I minimize sugar also.

For Maintenance ... To Be Determined when gout fully cleared.

Other
Quercetin also inhibits enzyme also to some degree also. Tart Cherry is also used by many people. I just take Life extension supplement.

Many tendonitis cures are suspiciously like gout cures so tendonitis is a murky subject. Here is a synopsis of the remedies.

ALFALFA

Alfalfa capsules or powder. Powder is for those who don't like to swallow so many capsules. These make your system alkaline. They also provide certin minerals like Manganese.

Apple Cider Vinegar is another cure that works for people. This alkalinizes the body also.

MANGANESE

Another cure for tendinitis revolves around MANGANESE. Supplements are primarily of the chelated type. The therapeutic level for manganese is at least 35 mg to 40 mg of chelated type like manganese glycinate.

The RDA upper limit for manganese is 11 mg so many people assume that the therapeutic level is toxic but that is misleading. The RDA upper limit assumes elemental (or pure) manganese.

For example in one brand, 100 mg of manganese biglycinate would contain 16 mg of elemental manganese.

Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate (16% Mn)
Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate is a 2:1 molar ratio (glycine:manganese)
mineral amino acid chelate
https://apps.ubifrance.fr/BlogBO/me...klet-04092012-spreads-v3_15_10_2012_16_27.pdf

Studies have shown that people can take high doses of elemental manganese (50 mg) for 6 months has been shown nontoxic. That doesn't mean that some may not be negatively affected at way lower doses. If ones liver is too weak, that could created toxicity. It could cause iron levels to drop in some people. It's like any other supplement. Just monitor yourself and beaware of overdose symptoms.

Manganese should be taken on empty stomach for maximum absorption at least an hour before a meal. You should not combine these supplements with any other minerals like calcium, iron, zinc or copper will interfere with absorption along with Phytates (most grains, seeds, nuts).

Looking at the ligament and tendon strengthening formulas etc, other important cofactors seem to be vitamin B12 and B6.

MANGANESE and Cobalt

Someone said that manganese needs the cobalt within the B12 to make an important coenzyme which cures tendinitis. This coenzyme could be the bullet to heal tendinitis also. I found this recipe on a body building site that sums up the cure for tendinitis in healthier and/or younger people.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5 mcgs of sub lingual B-12 (the only place in nature we get Cobalt...the red part of B-12)
5 mgs. Manganese (not Magnesium)
Alfalfa tablets....about 15....3 times a day.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RESTRICTING DIET

Probably the best approach for chronically ill people to resolving tendonitis like problems is RESTRICTING DIET for a couple weeks. That means No dairy, No sugar, No gluten etc. and see if one gets improvement or inflammation subsides then try to isolate what is causing it.

SULFUR

I dabbled in this area also.

Sulfur is the third most abundant mineral in your body, after calcium and phosphorous.

MSM is 34% elemental sulfur so 1000 mg MSM contains 340 mg Sulfur. MSM water soluble supplement so can be taken without food.

4/5 of glucosamine sulfate consists of pure glucosamine, so if you have 500 mg of glucosamine sulfate, approximately 400 mg are pure glucosamine and 100 mg is sulfur.

MISC

Sometime back, I thought I found a cure for my supposed tendinitis by using a product called Primaforce Cissus. It immediately minimized the SUPPOSED tendonitis pain the first day so I was optimistic but it never resolved the problem. It did solve my sleep problem. I wrote a post on it. Try this if you have sleep problems. Researching this supplement, I found it was very beneficial for many other things so I take it every day.

TENDONOSIS

Gout could effect tendon sheaths also.

I think barriers to healing may be the extent of scar tissue causing tangled collagen fibers (tendonosis). In tendonosis, the tangled collagen fibers need to be broken down first in order to rebuild and repair tissue I think. This may be something that could speed up healing. There has been some success with eccentric exercises. I think the key to exercises is creating a MUSCLE BURN so the muscle will break down the tissue so the tangled collagen fibers can reform into healthy muscle. This is not practical for too many sick people. They have to be done correctly also or one risks aggravating the situation further. Using exercise rubber band is best. There are videos on youtube.

Serrapeptase definitely works to dissolve internal scar tissue so maybe proteolytic/serrapaptase/nattokinase enzymes could help so something to experiment with. Some people have been told by doctors that they would have to live with the internal scar tissue problems but cured themselves with serrapeptase.

I would add JarrowSil silica supplement (Many people say BioSil tastes horrible) since it helps with building the collagen cross fibers in bones which in turn builds the bone. May do the same for collagen in tendons. Bioavailable silica is what makes bones fracture proof. I think Jarrow Ultra Bone Up is best bone building supplement on market. It contains MCHA calcium which is the only real anecdotally proven bone builder calcium.

Some research suggest that 50% of Gout does not have classic symptoms and can happen in other areas of body. Uric Acid levels may fluctuate more than research suggests causing that 6.8 uric acid level to be reached intermittently over time hence forming uric acid crystals. Maybe they can form at lower levels in some situations. Remedies suggest that Gout may be more widespread with the all encompassing tendonitis label slapped on it.

It's been a week and I feel a little better each day so I assume I am on my way to curing it. Complete heal time will be anywhere from 1 to 12 months to remove all the crystals. Hopefully the baking soda speeds things up. The practical heal time will be when most pain subsides and the shoulders become mostly flexible. Hopefully that will be within 3 months.

Most of the time I wait till I am completely cured before posting but Gout needs time to fully heal. Better my story gets out there sooner than later. I hope this can help people trying to find solutions to their connective tissue problems.

Last edited:

prioris

I did some further investigation and also bought a uric acid meter

I came to the conclusion that i don't have gout but will discuss that in next post

I did update my Gout protocol with the following so will post my research where I last left off for some one who does have Gout

Here it is ...

Life Extension Uric Acid Support supplement 2Xday with food

This is a xanthine oxidase inhibitor without side effects. The only thing I am wondering about is dose. I am taking it twice a day but I am thinking that it may be better to take 3 or 4 a day at least until things resolve or until i get meter to assure me i am low enough.

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazi...-attacks-by-lowering-uric-acid-levels/page-01

Natto-Serra 2Xday … not just for gout … taken this for last 8+ years

I had peripheral artery disease 10+ years ago. I did cure it with the Nattokinase Serrapeptase combination 8+ yers ago. I think circulation is important in getting any nutrients to locations in the body.

Bromelain enteric 500mg 2xday / Life Extension 5-Lox inhibitor

This I will use this specifically for any inflammation in this condition. I have no inflammation on surface but mine is deeper in muscle. The interesting thing about 5-Lox is that long term side effects are non existent and I have searched for years.

3200mg malic Acid 3xday with food

This is the major weapon I am using against Gout. The active ingredient in Tart cherries and other things that addresses Gout is Malic Acid. This alkinalizes the blood and dissolves the uric acid crystals. Malic acid will also dissolve gallbladder stones and kidney uric acid stones

Alfalfa in water / drink thru day / Uvi Ursa (just added and will take for a couple weeks)

This is used in chinese medicine for gallbladder, kidney and bladder. Besides needing to dissolve the crystals and pull them into the blood stream, one needs to excrete them out. This contains potassium and other minerals so it alkalizes the blood and may possibly bind to the uric acid to help excrete them easier. For all I know, the more root problem may be with the liver-gallbladder-kidney-bladder area not removing the uric acid from blood so I need to be due diligent about looking at it from this angle. Dissolving the crystals is useless unless one can excrete them.

The uva ursi is for kidney and bladder also. It needs to be taken with baking soda since it needs an alkaline environment to release it’s active ingredient. It’s used primarily for kidney/urinary tract infections that can’t be solved with mannose. It is very potent for that but should not be taken long term.

I initially tried baking soda but decided that I may be getting too much salt but more importantly drinking too much water would strip minerals out of my body where as alfalfa would replenish many of the minerals.
Misc

Curcumin BCM 95 … i take this everyday anyway
blueberry leaf … specifically for anthocyanins
dmso … experimented a little. they say it dissolves crystals
renavive … i have some so i can add this to too if i want
celery seed … taken this would be redundant since i am already taking xanthine oxidase inhibitor and kidney stuff

When I get the uric acid meter, i will try to be meticulous as possible in taking the reading. i will practice. For me, having some assurance that my uric acid levels are low even if there are symptoms is good to know from a psychological perspective since I figure any dissolving of the crystals could cause things to get worse before they get better. It will also assure me that my diet is healthy enough. It will help me detect what things are making it worse.

Diet

I already stay away from HFCS and minimize sugar and chemicals in foods. Studies have said that it is animal protein which increases purine. Not all protein. I should be able to eat this if I can figure out why my body can’t eliminate purine. Since most purine comes from dying cells, I think controlling it thru diet is not real solution. I need to excrete it out

They say pseudogout pain strikes knee first. They say gout pain attacks toe first. I had neither. This doesn’t mean I won’t get struck there eventually but not problem so far.

Hope the information above helps someone else

Next post will contain what I found out and what I am doing now

prioris

There is a deep inflammation in the tricep muscle near shoulder on both arms. I went to a kinesiologist who first adjusted my body to make sure pain wasn't being caused by other things. She next did some ultrasound and I got some improvement with that but not enough.

I did some more investigation on my own of other symptoms.

I think I discovered that the solanine in the Nightshade foods is toxic to me. For a long time I was mystified why ketchup gave me headaches. Never seem to have problem with tomatoes or even tomato sauce. I had the same problem with potatoes but less with french fries. I never connected the two. I have even cut out potatoes for a while in the past. I was still using other tomatoes and peppers which i didn't think there was a problem so my body was never able to detox.

For the last year I thought it could be a brain insulin problem because I figured that maybe potatoes turning to glucose is a possible problem so I had explored that issue for some time with no progress.

Because I have occipital neuralgia and methylation problems, untangling the nightshade symptom problem was not easy. Looking at the so called autoimmune diets, I noticed that many say to avoid nightshades. I thought I did enough of that in the past enough to conclude there isn't a problem. Reading labels, i notice that tomato is in so many things but I thought if it is just a little, it shouldn't matter.

In the last two weeks, I have cut out 99% of the nightshades. My symptoms are getting better but I will wait longer to see how fully they resolve. My arm muscle pain seems to be doing better but won't know until it is fully resolved.

Ultrasound treatment would useless unless I can detox this poison from my system. They say give it 30 days and one even said 2 months.

I think solanine and chaoline is only found in potatoes and tomatoes. maybe eggplant too. the other nightshades contain other alkaloid poisons that i may have minimal to no effect like nicotine and capsaicin. i have found no scientific data which says that solanine is in the chili peppers class. i am still avoiding these until i am detoxed from solanine .

Solanine is not only a neurotoxin but effects the muscles. Solanine is in the Belladonna mushroom.

There was another bonus on finding that I am toxic to solanine. I found the source of my inability to sleep. I was taking Cissus as a workaround which it did well so don't seem to need Cissus to sleep anymore but good to have as a back up.

So that is where I am at and I am sure I am making progress and feel much better. I got much better movement in my arms I will give another update when it is cured

Gondwanaland

the other nightshades contain other alkaloid poisons that i may have minimal to no effect like nicotine and capsaicin. i have found no scientific data which says that solanine is in the chili peppers class.
I found capsaicin very helpful to avoid increasing arachidonic levels + excess uric acid production from eating meat (my probelm with AA was triggered after stopping Evening Primrose Oil which was a huge mistake to start taking in the 1st place). I have been finding Bromelain very helpful for joint pain (incl. shoulder & hip bursitis). Rutin and parsely do miracles as well. And estrogen replacement therapy saved my kidneys! Fish oil is very helpful too.

prioris

I found capsaicin very helpful to avoid increasing arachidonic levels + excess uric acid production from eating meat (my probelm with AA was triggered after stopping Evening Primrose Oil which was a huge mistake to start taking in the 1st place). I have been finding Bromelain very helpful for joint pain (incl. shoulder & hip bursitis). Rutin and parsely do miracles as well. And estrogen replacement therapy saved my kidneys! Fish oil is very helpful too.

For Bursitis, try replenishing the synovial fluid in your body with Biocell HA. It will likely take 2-6 weeks I think.

Removing nightshades I think helped the calcification problem so got most of my full range movement of shoulder back. Now I have to address what I think is bursitis also and to verify if HA works. The symptoms seem to match with bursitis. I didn't realize my elbow had bursitis. I thought it was nerve pain from shoulder. So this will be interesting. The symptoms got worse so there is more clarity.

prioris

This stuff contains collagen and my body can't handle dietary glycine and proline. So I think this is at the root of my issues.

It's the Hyaluronic acid that is responsible for replenishing the synovial fluid so try to find one that absorbs well. The only reason why I recommend Biocell is because that is the main one that works for me. Not that some other brands won't work. It is also more natural form.

The Hyaluronic acid used by horses was being used by people some years back because supplement HA wasn't working well. So research and experiment. I find that complete healing times can take up to 6 weeks.

They say collagen doesn't transform into other collagen types but empirical research results say otherwise. It shows type 2 collagen can be transformed into other collagen types that the body needs.

Another important nutrient for collagen production is bioavailable silica like JarrowSil and BioSil. People say BioSil tastes yucky so I use JarrowSil. This alone will help people. I heard anecdotal report that 20 drops a day is helping someone with EDS

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

It's the Hyaluronic acid that is responsible for replenishing the synovial fluid so try to find one that absorbs well. The only reason why I recommend Biocell is because that is the main one that works for me. Not that some other brands won't work. It is also more natural form.

The Hyaluronic acid used by horses was being used by people some years back because supplement HA wasn't working well. So research and experiment. I find that complete healing times can take up to 6 weeks.

They say collagen doesn't inform but empirical research results say otherwise. It also shows type 2 collagen can be transformed into other collagen types that the body needs.
Thanks, I will certainly look into it.
Another important nutrient for collagen production is bioavailable silica like JarrowSil and BioSil. People say BioSil tastes yucky so I use JarrowSil. This alone will help people. I heard anecdotal report that 20 drops a day is helping someone with EDS
I have silica drops at home , took it once, couldn't handle the low BP. I keep forgetting to take it at bedtime, hopefully it won't mess up with my sleep.

prioris

I should clarify. Bioavailble Silica will help the body produce more collagen. Good for hair, skin and nails. It is the critical element in building fracture proof high quality bone. Bone is a combination of MCHA calcium and collagen. For bursitis, focus on the HA.

Gondwanaland

I should clarify. Bioavailble Silica will help the body produce more collagen. Good for hair, skin and nails. It is the critical element in building fracture proof high quality bone. Bone is a combination of MCHA calcium and collagen. For bursitis, focus on the HA.
Yes, I need both, my body craves silica.

prioris

I always consider the possibility that something may not work so whats the down side. Even if replenishing of synovial fluid did not cure my bursitis, it helps cross one thing off the list and will help me brainstorm new ideas for a cure. I will continue to replenish my synovial fluid long term no matter what so I haven't lost anything except some time. It is synovial fluid which flows thru bursa so plays a major role. Maybe for tendons in some ways too.

prioris

One more thing to consider. There may still be calcification built up in the rotator cup due to inflammation being there for so long which complicates situation so may take longer to resolve.

Gondwanaland

One more thing to consider. There may still be calcification built up in the rotator cup due to inflammation being there for so long which complicates situation so may take longer to resolve.
Yup, that's probably what caused my vein injury leading to reactive thrombosis a few years ago in the 1st place.
BTW thanks for the diagnosis missed by all the drs I saw.

prioris

When I was sleeping I woke up with lot of pain in specific area of my shoulder where pain coming from. I took another 5-LOX eventually.

Well, before I did that I notice that when I moved and exercised my arm and shoulder, the pain lessened as opposed to keeping it still. I started to wonder about exercise and body posture for that area so looked up exercise for shoulder bursitis.

I ran across this video

I wonder if what he says may be keeping the area from healing. It would also explain why there is variability to pain also. Maybe approaching problem from this perspective also could be therapeutic and finally heal shoulder. Since I got my range of motion back and most painful area originates near tip of rotator cup, this is perfect time to consider this. So like a cut, maybe there is a factor where you need to kind of protect the area so the body can heal it and heal it much faster.

As he mentions, many of these conditions are intermingled together so doctors may have very difficult time giving the right name to the diagnosis. This is why I titled this thread the way I did. These conditions are a ball of thread that needs to be untangled.

I talked to a chiropractor about 6 months ago and she told me that as people age, they have more and more difficulty moving their necks. That is what I was experiencing. Turning my neck was getting more difficult as years went by. When she said that, it really got me thinking of why that is and what I can do about it. All the research I did pointed to calcification and calcium dysfunction as the culprit or major culprit. So besides heart disease and teeth health, so these shoulder syndromes were just another subcategory of this of the calcification issue.

If we therapeutically address and manage the calcification issue, it goes a long way to untangling that ball of thread and simplifying remedies. I think in some Japanese studies with K2 MK4, it took 8 months to address osteoarthritis and maybe some calcification of the large arteries. How ever long it really takes, it will take some time for entire body to decalcify enough. I heard one anecdotal report that someone decalcified shoulder in 2-3 months.

Just a another thought for today.

Paralee

Several different joint/bone problems can be possible at the same time. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis without the proper testing (IMO) and still thinking of pseudo gout because I had hyperparathyroidism, so it may be a combo of at least those two. Plus the Cipro reaction and B6 poisoning.

This thread is a wealth of info on several things I needed to know.

prioris

The topics tend to get talked about separately when they should be treated like a ball of thread that needs to be untangled from one another. It also tends to get spread all over the place in buts and pieces. I think anyone with these conditions needs to consider debugging their situation with an autoimmune diet. One or more condition can lead to other conditions. The initial stiffening of the shoulders thru time gradually caused me to hunch my shoulders forward causing shoulder impingement. That information will help me try to minimize my shoulders back from being pushed forward so I will help lessen pain. Since I never had these problems when I was younger, I have to conclude that there is some degeneration going on from aging due to deficiency building up which could be a number of things.

People dealing with bursitis, tendinosis etc rehab thru exercise are saying it takes 6 to 9 months. That doesn't make sense. I see maybe 2-4 weeks or so at most. I think it must be countering some deficiency so unless that deficiency is addressed, it will take a long time. Ones got to find the easiest way to climb up a tree especially for chronically ill people or it isn't practical except for Jack LaLane types or someone use to pumping weights in gym as a lifestyle.

This puzzle needs to be untangled to find most efficient way and without exercise. Exercise creates an effect on our physiology but so do many supplements and food avoidance so I am not convinced exercises is needed except getting up each day and walking around a little and sleeping good enough. Nine months of rehab is just absurd to address such a limited problem.

You ever see those bursitis articles that talk about the cause of bursitis be repetitive movement over and over so their remedy is just to quit the activity and take pain reliever in meantime. Gee, I wish that was an option. The article are written for more healthier people and neglect to mention all the other causes except superficially and quick passing. Those annoy me having to wade thru all that.

The current pain affects my left shoulder the most but believe it or it use to be my right shoulder about 9 months ago that hurt. Essentially the opposite of what it is now. Well what happened. I didn't understand much until now so I couldn't write too much about it. I started to do the band pulling exercise for my shoulders for 3-4 weeks. My shoulder bursitis started getting better. Still had that stiffness being unable to reach my arms toward my back at time (although resolved when stopping nightshades although I can eat some so not overly sensitive).

So I thought I was making progress with minimal bursitis pain. I decided to sleep on that shoulder on the side and also on other. For a little time I did OK but then the other shoulder started to develop the same thing. I think it push my shoulder forward aggravating the bursa along with stiffness of shoulder and now I had the reverse situation. So now I understand what happened.

Until I find the closer root cause of this as it relates to aging and degeneration, I need to baby my shoulder by pushing shoulder blades back to minimize irritating the bursa. I may introduce some exercise later but first I will try to settle down bursa first with posturing my shoulder blades as best as I can. I am using small folded towel down middle of my back when sitting and lying. I will research to find that other factor.

I have read where B12 injections have helped but I am MTHFR methylation sensitive so just can't experiment with sublingual easy without causing other problems and give a yea or nay. Here is a link discussing it.

http://www.mybursitis.com/bursitis-b12.html

That's my thoughts for today.

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

I have read where B12 injections have helped but I am MTHFR methylation sensitive so just can't experiment with sublingual easy without causing other problems and give a yea or nay.
Do you think that taking HyB12 rather than MB12 could be a solution?

prioris

I can't answer that question at this time. I will just play with taking a little digestive formula containing HCL here and there when I eat beef and chicken. I can't handle too much HCL. I just ate dinner - some rib eye steak and sweet potato with butter.

Heck not too long ago, I was thinking about taking cobalt to try to get around the b12 thing but there are unhealthy side effects that could happen so will revisit that another time.

prioris

Here is an interesting thing I found on pseudoGout.

Anyone can develop pseudogout but the risk increases significantly with age.
The crystal deposits associated with pseudogout affect about 3 percent of people in their 60s.

The percentage increases to about 50 percent of people in their 90s. The condition is equally prevalent among women and men.

https://www.verywell.com/pseudogout...medium=social&utm_campaign=mobilesharebutton2
--------------------------------------------

WOW 50%. this is something that needs to be prevented also as one ages. I wonder if the K2 and other cofactors for decalcification would prevent it.

prioris

Here is another link on b12 for bursitis
http://difficulty-swallowing.com/cure-bursitis
http://www.easy-immune-health.com/b12-treatment-for-bursitis.html
http://www.easy-immune-health.com/vitamin-b12-shot-problems.html

i need to figure out way to get b12 in me to test this. i am too sensitive to even take methylcobalamin. i can take a tiny bit of the hydroxycobalamin for a couple days but i will have side effects.

My plan was to take take care of bursitis then tackle the MTHFR. It's a catch 22.