• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PIP and MP involvement

Hi all,

I know this story will be familiar to many of you in the UK but after applying for PIP and going through an assessment which ATOS insisted had to be 20miles away in order to give me ground floor access and causing a flare up I have received the decision based on a report full of lies and apparently no memory problems as ME doesn't affect memory or concentration! So, putting in for Mandatory Reconsideration.

Is it worth involving my MP? I hear it mentioned often but is there anything they can actually do?

This whole situation has caused a lot of stress especially as I am thousands of pounds in debt to my mum along with other debts but she is my main carer and this has caused issues there as I am now left with *very* little income (around £30 a week) and this stress and upset isn't helping my health.