• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I'm addicted to my laptop

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Crypto is way more interesting than this problem! I can never find anyone to talk at about it.

Dogecoin is still clinging on with a fairly large market cap! The joke is apparently worth $22million (much wow, very success). Can't say I am planning to buy any though.

There is a free crypto MOOC (massive open online course) starting in February from the University of Nicosia. It is the introductory module to a cryptocurrency MSc that they run. If you are up to it then it may be worth checking out if you think you'd get anything out of it. It is completely free.

Thats cool. Im a complete novice, bar the hardware side of things. Feel free to PM me advice!

Hard to post anything about Doge without resorting to meme...must resist. Much resisting.

Thats cool about the course. No way could I do that atm with my cognition but if you can, I think online courses are really useful with this illness. We will then have a resident forum crypto expert :)

B

Cheesus

@Ben Howell

Expert? No.
Obsessed? Perhaps.

I'm very much a novice too, so I am not sure I have any advice to offer. I'm happy to chew the cud on it though so some crypto-related PMs would be very welcome when you're feeling up to it. The computing side is a mystery to me so I will definitely come to you if I need any advice there!

sb4

To everyone overusing computers YOU ARE NOT DOING YOURSELVES ANY FAVORS.

Light has a huge impact on hormones and health. The screens on your devices emit way more blue than nature and are missing IR and UV. Your body is meant to see different frequencies of light at different times of the day to control circadian rhythm and to assist on chemical reactions.

Please get some natural light, use flux and reduce time spent looking at screens!

sb4

Also you must be careful of non native emf exposure. Do not put the laptop on your lap if you value your genitals. Keep it at a distance and make sure it's grounded. Also use wired not wireless internet.

*GG*

Before last summer I couldn't really use the computer at all. My entire day was spent at rest. I was (and am) completely bedridden.

In summer I stared taking LDN. I had an immediate and highly significant boost in my mental stamina. My neurological sensitivity all but disappeared. However, I didn't get much of a boost in my physical stamina. I made attempts to slowly rehabilitate my body to transition out of this permanently horizontal state, however I found it very difficult. The boost I had from the LDN wore off a little and my efforts to get myself back up and walking ultimately failed.

It has become a real problem. I only have two modes: on my laptop, or bored and thinking about going on my laptop.

Can anyone resonate with this experience?

I spend hours on the computer as well, but can exercise, so I get out and do things, and after that rest.

Have you shared your success with LDN with others? Sure people would like to hear about it. Not a drug for everyone, but many find a better quality of life taking it!

Did you see this?: https://www.ldnscience.org/lp/clinical-trials-jan-2017

GG

Cheesus

I spend hours on the computer as well, but can exercise, so I get out and do things, and after that rest.

Have you shared your success with LDN with others? Sure people would like to hear about it. Not a drug for everyone, but many find a better quality of life taking it!

Did you see this?: https://www.ldnscience.org/lp/clinical-trials-jan-2017

GG

I think I have mentioned it on the forum quite a few times, including in threads where people are asking about LDN and in threads I have started where I am talking about how to rehabilitate my body after such a prolonged period of inactivity. I am fairly confident if people are looking into it on Google they would come across me talking about it.

Yeah I did see that on Facebook. There is a video of Jarred Younger talking about all the studies he is doing this year. I really hope it shows there is a benefit for patients, because for me the benefit has been very clear. I want other people to be able to access that.