• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transdermal B12 oils

Eastman

Does that work well for you?

Magnesium and methylation seem to have the most noticeable effects. The rest have not had obvious effects.

Where does it come from? It's similar to Cutler's regimen, with magnesium and zinc.

They're simply among the most recommended items for mercury detox.

BTW many mercury-toxic people are "thiol sensitive," meaning they don't tolerate foods well that have lots of thiols in them. (The thiols are a chemical structure that bonds to mercury in an uncontrolled manner, dragging it out to cause more damage.) And garlic is a very high-thiol food.

Garlic is a widely recommended food for general health purposes. It is also a source of gamma glutamylcysteine, from which glutathione is produced by the addition of glycine. So I felt it is worth including for boosting general detox capacity. I should add that I also supplement with glycine.

CCC

Sorry to hear the oil didn't work for you, @Athene*. How much did you use? Some of us need more than others. I used three doses per day for two years, sometimes four. (I recently dropped down to 1-2 per day after starting an anti-mercury supplement regimen: 1000iu vit E, 50mg zinc, 4*1000mg vit C, 4*100mg magnesium. I actually stopped using B12 entirely for a few weeks. Further evidence that my problems are really mercury–based.)

Hi garyfritz,

If you keep this up, you'll lose your title :trophy:as the heaviest B12 oils user here.

So, can I ask you where got the idea for these four as anti-mercury supplements?

The reason I ask is that three of them are mandatory for my son. Vitamin E is the only thing we can skip for a day or two without noticing, but we're also not using anything like that much Vit E.

What brand of Vit E are you on?

Happy New year to all.

garyfritz

So, can I ask you where got the idea for these four as anti-mercury supplements?
From a Facebook group that discusses the Cutler protocol and helps/supports people working through it. They refer to C/E/Mg/Zn as the Core Four, and that combo is one of the major nutritional things Cutler recommends for mercury-toxic people.

I've been using Natrogix vitamin E, but the brand isn't crucial. The important thing is to use the natural d-alpha form instead of the synthetic dl-alpha. The Natrogix I'm using also provides several mixed tocopherols, but nobody really knows if that's important.

Johnmac

Those are the standard 'bare minimum' supplements for Cutler-style chelation.

I did a chelation round last week, & found myself struggling a bit till I increased my quantities of the above 4.

Cutler emphasises taking them more than just once a day, & that seems to have something to it (whilst on-round).

Jimbo39

I just ordered MB12 and B complex oils. Could someone tell me how much (mg) there is in one squirt (taking into account absorption)?

Helen

I just ordered MB12 and B complex oils. Could someone tell me how much (mg) there is in one squirt (taking into account absorption)?
I would contact the company. You will surely get a reply that will help you with dosing.

garyfritz

In the first post of this thread I said the MB12 oil has 0.75 mg per squirt. I don't know about the B complex oil.

keenly

How much B12 is in oil? It is spray form? Easily rubbed into skin?

I only get a huge benefit from B12 when I take over 25mg daily. The best I have felt in the last decade is whilst on injections(Hydroxycobalamin)

garyfritz

@keenly, the first post tells the dosages for the Methyl and the Adenosyl/Methyl oil. I never asked about the dosage of the Hydroxy oil -- you could ask Greg.

25mg/day of the oil would be mighty expensive. If you were using the Methyl, with 0.75mg per squirt, that would be 25 / 0.75 = 33 squirts per day. That's roughly half a bottle so it would cost you about $20 per day. The ado/me oil has a total of 2.5mg, so 10 squirts per day, about $6-$7 per day.

And it might be a bit more than that. The oil absorbs very effectively, but not as effectively as injected. It's about 80% absorbed.

If you want to try the oil, you might want to contact Greg and see if he could mix up a stronger oil for you, hopefully at a lower cost per dose. Or maybe get a volume discount. :)

arewenearlythereyet

So would the Hydroxy be the same then?
Hi I have the hydroxy\methyl blend and it is a bit different from the Methyl only and the hydroxy also seems to be lower. Here is what greg sent me:
"Methyl is nearly always around 0.75 mg per dose. Hydroxy 2.5 mg/dose, in the mixed HO/ME HO = ~1.8 mg, Me 0.7 mg."
He is away until Monday.

arewenearlythereyet

@arewenearlythereyet, do you know the trick of unscrewing the top slightly and pushing up the internal plunger with a large paper clip wire inserted through the hole in the bottom? Or worst case, just unscrew the top and pour it into your palm. When the squirter starts to "spatter," there's generally quite a bit left yet.
Thanks @garyfritz I tried your technique with the paper clip and managed to eek my last bottle until yesterday. I've had payment confirmation from Greg today so hopefully I will be back in supply soon. Back on the sublinguals now which are so inferior after being on the oils. I've also ordered some bluebonnet following advice on an alternative from @alicec Unfortunately that has a long lead time as well.

Feel like a drug addict wanting my next fix with the sort of panic I had when I smoked and was down to my last cigarette in the packet.

keenly

@keenly, the first post tells the dosages for the Methyl and the Adenosyl/Methyl oil. I never asked about the dosage of the Hydroxy oil -- you could ask Greg.

25mg/day of the oil would be mighty expensive. If you were using the Methyl, with 0.75mg per squirt, that would be 25 / 0.75 = 33 squirts per day. That's roughly half a bottle so it would cost you about $20 per day. The ado/me oil has a total of 2.5mg, so 10 squirts per day, about $6-$7 per day.

And it might be a bit more than that. The oil absorbs very effectively, but not as effectively as injected. It's about 80% absorbed.

If you want to try the oil, you might want to contact Greg and see if he could mix up a stronger oil for you, hopefully at a lower cost per dose. Or maybe get a volume discount. :)

Received my oils today:thumbsup:

Hydroxy being 2.5mg per squirt is not bad at all. I can not afford to use mega doses 365, but can do a few months here and there. I also have the mixed B group oils. I have made the mistake in the past of not adding the B2, leading to cracked lips etc. If I take Riboflavin in capsules it effects my digestion. Oils are perfect.

The oils absorb into the skin very quickly, and are not too greasy.

No if only I could get zinc and selenium oils. This is the future. No more pills. So easy, straight into the bloodstream, even if 20% is not absorbed, it is still great.

keenly

From what Greg has told me about potassium, & refeeding syndrome:

When mB12-deficient people get a good hit of mB12, the precursors that have built up in the adrenals start uncontrollably making high amounts of adrenalin. If you don't have enough B2 onboard, MAO doesn't work & you have an adrenalin OD. If highly mB12-deficient, you also get a big dump of aldosterone into the serum - which causes massive potassium loss by the kidneys > fatigue, weakness, cramps, irritability, tingling/numbness, thirst, etc.

It all has to do with adrenal fatigue & a lack of methylation to make adrenalin.

I don't understand it well, but thought it might be useful to summarise it for those who might.

I note the centrality of B2. Personally, adding this is seems to have removed my need for K, carnitine, & much folate.

Makes sense. I normally have low potassium and sodium. This shows up on every tests. I now have elete electrolytes on board, they are the best on the market IMO. No added sweeteners or sugars.

arewenearlythereyet

I totally understand!! I am so miserable if I don't get enough B12, and the oil is definitely the best way to get it!
I've also had my oils back for a couple of weeks now. Such a relief. I tried the bluebonnet with moisturiser but this didn't seem to deliver the right amount for me and sublinguals were useless compared . I probably need the hydroxy more than I realised. Still on 2 squirts per day which seems to still be slightly under for me. I'm thinking of upping my morning dose to 2 squirts And have one before bed.

keenly

I tend to take it about 10pm, not long before bed, Kath. The oil has to proceed through the dermis, then through the lymph, all of which takes several hours: blood levels don't tend to peak for 6-8 hours. I have used it to wake me up at 7am. Taking it in the afternoon can have you waking at 3am.

Having said that, the oil doesn't wake me up any more anyway - but the first 2-3 weeks it did.

Greg himself takes the methyl (only) before bed sometimes, to assure a good sleep.

There's a German study showing methlycobalamin above 5mg helps with sleep.

Certain genetics can convert hydroxy to methyl, so high dose hydroxy helps a lot with sleep.I have found this myself in the past.

keenly

Has anyone had good experiences using the B Group Spray? I am thinking of ordering it with the MethylB12 spray. It also contains Adenosylb12 so that is a plus.

I have it, but have no idea of the doses, and I did not know it had Adenosyl in it.

We need B2 when using B12, thus the oils are a great way to ensures no deficiency occurs. We can only digest 20mg of riboflavin at a time so those taking high doses are wasting their time.