• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I need some Help with interpreting my NutrEval.

hi. i've recently received the results from my NutrEval which my FM doctor ordered to find out more about my hypothyroid issues. She didn't go into much detail when reviewing the results, just put me on a sleuth of supplements. Which is why i'm turning to this forum as it looks to me as if my gut is all over - high malabsorption, high dysbiosis, low amino acids, low Bs, low glutathianone and high mercury, just to name a few. And i'm on "partial ketosis"? Could anyone with more knowledge about the cycle please take another look? I've looked at the very helpful Nutreval Evaluation Guide but am getting stuck on the "So what does the mean". Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Results Overview.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Here is a list of all the outliers... It's loooong.

Malabsorption and Dysbiosis Markers

Malabsorption Markers

Indoleacetic Acid (IAA) - High

Phenylacetic Acid (PAA) - Very High

Bacterial Dysbiosis

DHPPA - Somewhat High

3-Hydroxyphenylacetic Acid - Very High

4-Hydroxyphenylacetic Acid - Somewhat High

Benzoic Acid - Very High

Hippuric Acid < dl

Yeast/Fungal Dysbiosis

Citramic Acid - Very High

Tartaric Acid < dl

Cellular Energy and mitochondrial Metabolites

Carbohydrates Metabolism

BHBA - Very High

Energy Metabolism

Cis-Aconitic Acid - Somewhat Low

AKG - Somewhat High

Succinc Acid < dl

Malic Acid - Very High

Beta-OH-Beta-Methylglutaric Acid < dl

Fatty Acid Metabolism

Suberic Acid < dl

Creatinine Concentration

Creatinine - Very Low

Neurotransmitter Metabolites

Homovanilic Acid - Very High

5-OH-indoleacetic Acid - Very High

3-Methyl-4-OH-phenylglycol - Very High

Quinolinic Acid < dl

Vitamin Markets

a-Ketoadipic Acid - Very High

a-Ketoisovaleric Acid - High

a-Ketoisocaproic Acid - High

a-Keto-B-Mehylvaleric Acid - High

FiGlu < dl

Glutaric Acid - Very High

Isovaleryglycine - Very High

Methylmaloric Acid - Very High

Xanthurenic Acid - < dl

3-Hydroxypropionic Acid - Barely normal

b

a-ketophyenylacetic Acid - Very High

a-Hydroxyisobuyric Acid - Very High

Orotic Acid - Somewhat High

Pyroglutamic Acid - Somewhat High

Tyrosine Metabolism

Homogentisic Acid - Very High

2-Hydroxyphenylacetic Acid - Very High

Nutritionally Essential Amino Acids

Arginine - Very Low

Isoleucine - Very Low

Methionine - Very Low

Valine - Very Low

Nonessential Protein Amino Acids

Cyst(e)ine Very High

y-Aminobutyric Acid < dl

Intermediary Metabolites

a-Aminoadipic Acid - Very High

a-Amino-N-Butyric Acid - Somewhat Low

b-Aminoisobutyric Acid < dl

Cystathionine < dl

Urea Cycle

Citruline - Borderline Low

Glycine/Serine Metabolites

Ethanolamine - Somewhat Low

Phosphoserine - Very Low

Sarcosine < dl

Dietary Peptide Related Markets

b-Alanine < dl

Toxic Elements
Mercury - Very High

Antimony - Borderline

Thank you.
Here is a summary of what I understand based on the Caledonia's Methylation Links. Thank you Caledonia for helping us all!

1. Deficiency in B Vitamins: is it because co-factor inefficiencies or toxins?
  2. Metabolizing Fats leading to higher Adipic and <dl Suberic acid.
  3. Beta-OH-Butyric Acid is a metabolic marker of blood sugar utilization and insulin function. Consider supplementing with chromium, vanadium, and lipoic acid. Why is my body not burning carbs to provide energy to the cells and instead burns fat? Something wrong with carbs metabolism? Maybe related with hypothryoidism.
  4. Ok that Beta-OH-Beta_Methyglutaric Acid is <dl?
  5. Succinate <dl may be impaired due to low cofactors (Fe or B2) or bacterial degradation of glutamine.
  6. Dysbiosis markers high reflecting intestinal overgrowth usually accompanied by microbial hyper permeability (aka leaky gut). Glutamine 10-20 mg, digestive aids (betaine, enzymes, bile) and free-form amino acids to help normalize gut permeability.
  7. High Methylmalonic Acid due to B12 deficiency - or malabsorption of B12?
  8. Dysbiosis:
    1. diet changes, pre- and probiotics, mucosal support, and possibly further testing such as a stool test or immune reactions from food
    2. specifically against high DHPPA: Saccharomyces boulardii
    3. average arabinose: no yeast/candida?
  9. High alpha-hydroxyisobutyric Acid: limited glutathione production?
  10. Pyroglutamic and α-hydroxybutyrate slightly elevated - high toxin markers: need for glycine - relevant that Isovaleryglycine is elevated? Didn’t find Sulfate indication?
  11. Quinolinic Acid so low thanks to LifeVantage (a supplement I’m taking)- sustainable?
  12. Neurotransmitter Metabolism/Serotonin Marker: Homovanillic high, 5Hydroxyindoleacetic acid high: Vitamin C or NAC? Why? Inflammation leads to changing serotonin pathways. Hypothyroidism response to stress. Need to solve for inflammation. Toxicity through mercury could also be the issue. Hormones (cortisol), poor digestion/malabsorption, SIBO…
  13. Tyrosine Metabolism: 2-Hydroxyphenylacetic Acid high. Due to lack of Vitamin C - 100-150 mg p/d? Also high homovanillic so implied overproduction/inefficiency of dopamine production?
  14. Glutamic Acid: low so need to supplement with B2
  15. HMG <dl and BHBA high: Ketosis from carbohydrate unavailability (e.g., fasting, diabetes, strenuous exercise, ketogenic diet).
  16. Mercury super high and even higher on Doctor’s Data post provoked test - in fact, off the charts!