• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

shattered.

Fuzzyhead

I am struggling to get out of bed in the mornings. I could lay all day just in like a stupor, i am not fast asleep but i haven't the energy to get up. I sweat all night. I have a scan tomorrow and i am worried that the fatigue and sweats are with something awful. I usually get up ok but i am finding it harder and harder.

SuzieSam

I hope your scan either comes back all clear, or comes back with something treatable that cures you of these new symptoms and makes you feel restored to health.

You never know - you could actually have had something lurking that's TREATABLE all along!
Good luck.

taniaaust1

Unfortuantely it sounds like ME but I hope they find something else that is more treatable.

Sounds like you may need to be getting more rest, your body is telling you you need more rest. I suggest to listen to your body or you could end up worst. I often have to schedule whole days in bed to rest more.

Sidney

Hello @Fuzzyhead ! I have only just seen this ( fuzzy brain, exhaustion). But I had to answer because it is a perfect description of the way I am in a PEM crash.

However, also like you, I can, or do, get up most of the time; household chores, local errands, (not enough) admin of my life; visits from a few friends or family, strictly limited to 2 hours max ; on good days a walk - all of these things can be huge or tiny, I never know the day before - or the hour before.

So, to me it is not strange that you combine the state that you describe with being able to get up, to some degree or other.

I am just emerging from such a PEM state as yours. An experience many here have described: I felt better one day about 10 days ago, and late in the afternoon got out for a walk; a beautiful evening, I was intoxicated (literally, as it turned out) by the air and light and my fast movement! I walked for 3 1/4 miles!

I was of course tired afterward, but just with my permanent exhaustion; it kept increasing and by the 3rd day I was in that Pit. Every time it happens I think (and am told): how stupid can you get??

I hope that you too are emerging from that horror. I think that PR is the only place where you can talk about it and be understood.

Jan

I have had m.e for 15yrs and nearly always manage to get up so this is new.

Hi Fuzzyhead, have you had your thyroid function tested, I was virtually unable to get up before being diagnosed with underactive thyroid? It wasn't just the exhaustion of ME, but a sleepiness and inability to wake up and come round all day, which I don't think is a symptom of ME. My brain function at the time was appalling too, couldn't string a sentence together.

Good luck, try not to worry about the tests, they are good things as they can rule things out, or possibly find something treatable. I hope they get to the bottom of it.