• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diflucan and Itraconazol Protocol/Log

MAF14

I just finished a 2-weeks round of diflucan. It didn't notice any improvement so i'm going to try itraconazole and the product by thorne labs next.
An extensive yeast culture by genova shows i have an overgrowth of multiple candida strains, albicans is not really the problem so perhaps that's why i didn't notice anything from diflucan. It's C. glabrata which has overgrown the most and unfortunately it's more pathogenic than albicans and resistant to diflucan.

@Thinktank you may find this interesting as I believe the SF722 product is technically the same as Undecylenic acid

https://candidahub.com/Coconut-Oil/Undecylenic-Acid-for-Candida-Infection

"Another more recent study, published in 2012 in the Journal of Dental Research [91.10 (2012): 985-989], also studied undecylenic acid and its effects on Candida biofilm. In the study, two strains each of Candida albicans and Candida glabrata were used. The study, surprisingly, found that a minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of undecylenic acid for both species of Candida was approximately 256 mcg / mL. The minimum fungicidal concentration (the amount necessary to kill the organism) of undecylenic acid for both species was 512 mcg / mL. This seeming discrepancy between this study and the Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy [52.7 (2008): 2442-2448] study could be a result of the amount of time undecylenic acid was allowed to interact with the Candida species. The Journal of Dental Research [91.10 (2012): 985-989] study analyzed the development of Candida species for up to 7 days; and, they reported that undecylenic acid’s activity against the Candida species wore off at about 8 hours after it was introduced to the yeast.
The Journal of Dental Research [91.10 (2012): 985-989] study went on to report that undecylenic acid was able to reduce the volume of Candida albicans biofilm and the thickness of the biofilm. However, Candida glabrata showed a slight increase in biofilm volume and thickness in the presence of undecylenic acid. Since undecylenic acid works to interrupt hyphae formation, and Candida glabrata does not grow hyphae, this may play some role in the difference of reaction to the fatty acid. The following chart was taken from this study and shows how both species of Candida reacted to the presence of undecylenic acid."

MAF14

Didn't take any antifungals yesterday as I was traveling but one thing I noticed is *I THINK* while taking generic Diflucan I had more energy during the day and while taking Itracanozole I felt more tired. Could be coincidence but something that just dawned on me.

Also, I was talking to my mother this morning and went to show her my oral thrush and she couldn't tell it was there even when I told her to look for the "white coating". Her eye sight isn't the best so I went to a mirror and noticed even without brushing my teeth yet that the thrush seems less noticeable.

Thinktank

How has your oral thrush been diagnosed? More often then not it's something else / unexplainable.
Did you have an oral swab with culture / PCR?

MAF14

How has your oral thrush been diagnosed? More often then not it's something else / unexplainable.
Did you have an oral swab with culture / PCR?
Visual diagnosis?

I can see the white coating myself and my doctor gave me Nystatin when he "inspected" me but nothing more scientific than that.

MAF14

....@Thinktank you may find this interesting as I believe the SF722 product is technically the same as Undecylenic acid....

That was incorrect. Undecyclenic acid is not the same as Thorne SF722, but it is the same as the Thorne "Undecyn" product.

I ordered a few bottles of Swanson Undecylenic acid, as I don't really think my candida is "cured". I'll update if I notice anything from it.

MAF14

Update

I can't really say I've had a ton of symptoms relieved from the Diflucan/Itrcanazole runs.

I did notice that since stopping I don't get the benefit of waking up more easily in the mornings. Back to the status quo there...

I've been taking a fairly high dose of the Swanson Undecylenic acid (5 caps/900mg) twice a day with 3g GSE and can't say that I've noticed much, if anything.

I will be finishing up all the Undecylenic acid I have but in the mean time I am going to order the Thorne SF722 (10-Undecenoic Acid) and

The Miyarisan I've been taking daily with RS and still has been causing gas but oh well.

MAF14

Oh and as far as the other probiotics go, I just bought a greek yogurt maker and plan on using it to ferment/stretch the encapsulated probiotics I have.

So if anyone has any good recipes for almond milk greek yogurt, I'd be all ears :)

MAF14

Update

I've started taking the Thorne SF722 w/ my remaining Undecylenic Acid and GSE powder... Can't say I've noticed much in the last few days but I also got a stomach bug so that definitely hasn't helped me feel any better.

The almond milk yogurt I tried making with almond breeze which I don't think will work.. Followed all the intructions and it just turned out to be water. Oh well.

Made some whole milk greek yogurt last night and seemed to turn out well this morning. We'll see tonight.

My MD would only agree to give me 4 days worth of Nystatin but now I have some generic Diflucan, Itraconzole and some OTC antifungals on the way.

Supps:
6x 150mg Kandizol (generic Diflucan)
15x 100mg Itracanozole
50x 400mg Berberine
60x 150mg Oregano Oil Extract
200g Grapefruit Seed Extract 10:1
Then some Betaine hcl, AC Vinegar and some other stuff I can't think of right now...

My plan
Day 1-6
1x 150mg Kandizol ED
3x 400mg Berberine spread throughout day
3x 150mg Oregano Oil Extract spread throughout day
3x 2.8g Grapefruit Seed Extract spread throughout day

Day 7-20
2x 100mg Itracanozole ED
3x 400mg Berberine spread throughout day
3x 150mg Oregano Oil Extract spread throughout day
3x 2.8g Grapefruit Seed Extract spread throughout day

I also have about 50x NOW Foods Probiotic-10 25 Billion probiotics which I just started making milk kefir with and will be making almond kefir/almond greek yogurt with after I finish the 16oz of kefir currently fermenting on my bedroom heating duct :)

I'll also throw in whatever leftover Nystatin I have left to begin, until I run out, and take sips of AC vinegar when ever I take the antifungals.

I'm open to - and would appreciate - any suggestions and will try to update daily as I will be picking up the Kandizol and Itraconozole tomorrow.
when using such herbs or pharmaceuticals, I always have my doctor order a CMP, they are hard on the liver and I didn't want more liver problems than I already had, high ALT, everything else was within reference range on the CMP.