• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Relation gut and electromagnetic hypersensitivity?

jason30

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a connection between the gut and electromagnetic hypersensitivity?
Because when I take Activated Charcoal (binder) then my ES gets worse (HEadache, brain fog).
On the other hand, Yucca (prebiotic) lowers my ES.

Cheesus

Gut microbiota produce a number of compounds that act on the nervous system, including both excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters. If your electrical sensitivity is caused by central sensitisation - which I have heard anecdotally may be the case, though we cannot be sure if it is - then presumably altering the compounds produced by the gut microbiota might have an impact on how sensitive your nervous system is to electricity.

On the other hand, it is very frequently the case that we think we have spotted a causal relationship between two phenomena when the reality is that the two events are not related. There have been a number of instances where I have taken supplements and identified an impact they are having on me, only to find out later when I have taken more of the supplement that no such impact exists. It happens to everyone.

Bansaw

When I felt a lot sicker I remember getting static shocks in the winter way more than other people. When I treated I find that I am not so prone. I don't know if that counts as ES sensitivity or not?

hixxy

@jason30 When I tried treating methylation a year and a half ago my EHS dropped quite drastically, but then the protocol went of the rails about a month later and I never managed to get it back on track.

@Bansaw I haven't heard of static shocks mentioned in relation to ME or it's related disorders (EHS, MCS, etc) before, it's interesting that you mention it as in my early years of decline before I'd even stopped working I had a lot of trouble with static shocks during winter. They were quite painful at times, but I haven't had them in years now but have very severe EHS, which I didn't have back then.

jason30

Thanks Cheesus, that makes it more clearly.

I am aware of the events that could not be related.
Though the connection is there for me; I had no job for months and took activated charcoal every week, no problems. Now I have a new job with a lot of computers and take the same activated charcoal and the EHS get's worse.

@Bansaw
I don't know if static shocks counts as ES sensitivity. I never had them.

jason30

@jason30 When I tried treating methylation a year and a half ago my EHS dropped quite drastically, but then the protocol went of the rails about a month later and I never managed to get it back on track.

And is your EHS at this moment worse again or?

I start soon with the Andy Cutler protocol to remove the heavy metals in my body and after that I start with methylation. I hope that both my MCS and EHS will be gone.

hixxy

And is your EHS at this moment worse again or?

It reverted back and is probably even worse. Before trying methylation I'd had a lot of gut problems for a very long time. I think it went bad because of malnutrition and too much inflammation (I have eosinophilic esophagitis that is unresponsive to treatment).

I'm tube fed now and hoping to get things to settle down over the coming months or longer and then I might attempt it again but I don't intend to ever do anything like the high doses like in Fredd's protocol again.